Sign in to follow this  
Shrinking Violet

This is supposed to be forum for people like me, right...?

I don't know.

Why don't you feel you fit in?

K x

I don't know, Kathryn, I honestly don't know. Sometimes it feels that the older I become, the more distant the rest of the world feels. I have sort-of friends in Manchester, but they're just mates to go out with of an evening, to get plastered with, not people I can talk to, or count on for support. I just have to try to act NT, when you're throwing down the booze, it's not difficult (and theanine helps too - a little).

I envy those with the support of their families. Mine aren't remotely interested. All my parents give a ###### about is my sister's wedding and their extension. I feel no love, nor respect, towards them - there's nothing there, just nothing... I once asked my parents a series of questions (and asked them to answer the same about my sister). They knew nothing about me - what books I liked, what bands I liked, favourite films, telly - nothing!

You know I used to dream of finding my real family - that there'd been a mix-up at the hospital and my real family's still out there somewhere - used to wonder if they were looking for me, too...

Even as I type that, I realise how ridiculous it sounds. My world exists inside my head - a pure fantasy.

Can't think what else to say. I don't want to be here, I want to be far, far away - in Manchester. This town is nothing to me. I wasn't born here, but I grew up here, but there's no help, no support and now I'm ill and stuck inside.

I have to fight for myself, because there's no one to help me fight (or fight for me in situations where I'm unable to fight for myself).

Hugs,

Sarah xxx

Hi

Sorry I dont have much advice.I just wanted to say that not all parents know what their childrens intrests are,mine dont,but I wouldnt expect them too especially as I am in my 20's already.I have changed taste in music,books etc so many times over the years they would have to be mad to have kept up.

What is important is that all my childhood they kept me safe,gave me love,an education,fed and clothed me.I am not rich or famous,but I am happy and grateful to them for all they have given me.

I have worked in healthcare for 7 years I have good friends that are social workers and have heard the most tragic unimaginable stories of neglect and abuse,so unless yo have been through that (and I apologise if you have)then I think its unfair to say your parents dont care.You are an adult,I am guessing,and I suspect they want to treat you as such,if they were to mollie codle you I am certain you would be here complaining about that.

Sorry if that seems harsh,its just I know many people who complain about their upbringing and their lives when they have nothing at all to complain about.

Also if you are that unhappy and want to move you have the power to do so,it may take time but if you want it to happen it will.

Maybe you just need to give yourself a little longer to settle in on the forum...you only joined a couple of weeks ago so you're not going to 'know' may people here yet.

Bid :)

Edited by bid