Sign in to follow this  
bid

Summer Hols London Meet

Anyone fancy a summer hols meet in London?

Suggestions please for date/venue, etc, etc, etc...

Bid :D

Edited by bid

Summer/London? :unsure::P:ph34r:

If you're not careful, you'll get put on Nanny Jo's naughty step! :shame:

And you know what that will mean...

Jostling for space with BD!! :devil:

Edited by bid

Jostling for space with BD!! :devil:

Bring 'im on! :fight: :fight: :star:

BTW, if you fight whilst on the stair, does that still count towards your time given the rule is that you have to stay on the stair? :unsure:

Time spent on the naughty step with BD is, of course, a 'negative reinforcer' (reward) and therefore to be avoided at all costs by any diligent Nanny Jo...

Much more effective as a punishment sanction when BD is 'In Da House' is to be confined to the stairs while he does his thang elsewhere...

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Er-hem... :shame:

...and pulling the thread back to reality...

Anyone interested?

In a Summer hols meet, not whatever BD gets up to on/off Madam Whiplash's Super Nanny's naughty step?? :devil::lol:

Edited by bid

Anyone interested?

Yes please. :)

(See, naughty step threat worked, I learnt my lesson and behaved :D )

I'll come - as long as it doesn't involve too much money - I'm likely to be skint by then! :unsure: I'm reluctant to suggest a place as the last meeting point I suggested caught fire a few days beforehand. :lol:

I suppose where we go will depend on whether some people want to bring their children? It's a while since we had a family friendly get together. Greenwich was nice in the past but maybe that wouldn't work for you ScienceGeek. And they're digging it up for the Olympics. :ph34r:

K x

I'm reluctant to suggest a place as the last meeting point I suggested caught fire a few days beforehand. :lol:

In that case, can I PM you some places for you to suggest... :whistle::ph34r:

Greenwich Park picnic was lovely previously, but it is sadly all being dug to shreds for a few horsies to dance around for a few days... :shame: Maybe another park? Or a museum (might be busy in the hols though)?

Hyde Park is quite nice, flat and paved, but I don't know whether it's very easy to actually get to in a wheelchair. Same goes for Kew Gardens, although there is some disabled parking right by the gate. It's free for children, but about £13 for adults, so might be a bit expensive.

I'd been thinking about another family type meet in a park too!!

Kew Gardens sounds nice...we can easily check if it has wheelchair access. Oooh, just seen the entrance fee: is that OK for peeps, or would we prefer somewhere that is free?

So:

Bid

Mumble

Kathryn

Tally

ScienceGeek

Lynden

Starting to get excited now! :clap:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

I don't mind paying for somewhere. What dates are you looking at? If people are taking children I'd possibly take my daughter but not the little man. He really doesn't do new places/faces well at all.

Lynne

Shall we say August?

Do we want a weekday or a weekend?

If it's going to be a family meet, I might bring #4, as the other 3 are too elderly now really!

Hi all

Just seen the thread.Have not been on here in ages.I would love to come.I am going away at some point in august but dates not finalised so I can book around this,no problem. I also dont mind paying an entrance fee really. It may be just me and Sam, but will see nearer the time.

Kew Gardens sounds nice...we can easily check if it has wheelchair access. Oooh, just seen the entrance fee: is that OK for peeps, or would we prefer somewhere that is free?

Oooh, oohh, please can we go to Kew, and please can someone bring a kiddie with them I can borrow so I have an excuse to go in the awesome kiddie playhouse and crawl around in the badger set. :D :D :bounce: :bounce:

Kew is expensive - disabled visitors are £11.90, but they do let a carer in for free, so maybe we could pair-up? :unsure::ph34r:

The food/drink there is really expensive (but the cake is sooo good! :eat:) so we could take picnics to reduce the cost.

If we did go for Kew, we'd have to be careful about the day chosen as they often close those outer bits of the underground lines for engineering at the weekends. :shame:

Shall we say August?

Do we want a weekday or a weekend?

Probably doesn't matter as it's the hols. August is good, though I can't do: 7th/12th/16th/18th (busy galivanting... :dance:)

http://www.kew.org/visit-kew-gardens/index.htm

Children are free! And if there were more than 10 of us, we could get a group booking discount!

It does look really lovely...I last went with my school when I was about 11!

But I don't want to put anyone off because of the cost, so do say anyone if you would prefer somewhere free.

PS Mumbley...you can borrow D!! :lol:

Edited by bid

Bid +1

Mumble

Kathryn

Tally

ScienceGeek

Lynden

Justine +1

What about a Friday, or is a Saturday better?

Fridays: 5, 12, 19, 26.

Saturdays: 6, 13, 20, 27.

Edited by bid

I've just noticed Kew has been suggested as a potential venue...

2 immediate thoughts -

•  
  • If autistic children going, some don't like kewing. Make it a learning opportunity and DON'T go for the speedy-pass wrist band... :whistle:
  • If there are any old prog-rockers in the party take extra care when approaching the Giant Hogweed... :o:ph34r:

L&P

BD :D

To be honest I'd rather it be somewhere a bit cheaper as it's already going to cost us to get there for those of us that are on a tight budget :notworthy: Em and I can't do the 6th but I think all the other dates are fine.

To be honest I'd rather it be somewhere a bit cheaper as it's already going to cost us to get there for those of us that are on a tight budget :notworthy:

I guess it depends how you look at it or what else we would do - previous meets we've gone out for a meal which would cost you more - you and Em would get in for £11.90 as she'd be your carer, which at £5.95 each is less than you'd pay if we met up and went for a meal.

The other option is to go for something free like a park and take a picnic - I'm happy with anything - what do others think?

RB and Matzoball - maybe you could organise a Northern meet? They used to happen, so you could reinstate them. :D Us softy southeners tend to focus on Southern meetups because we're not hardy enough to survive the inevitable frostbite associated with travelling north. :ph34r:

I would be taking a picnic wherever we go anyway, as if D comes with me he is one of my severe food allergies ones...

I'm happy with any park and a picnic. I guess one of the pro's of Kew is that there would be plenty of things for peeps to do, as in the past we have found that it's quite nice for there to be various options. Just to highlight again: at Kew, children and carers are free, and if there are 10 or more of us and we all go in together, we can get a group reduction on the door (see my link above).

Rainbow and Matzo: sorry for the lack of notice for our more distant members. These meets have always tended to be a sudden thought on someone's part, with then a general consensus on the date.

Edited by bid

These meets have always tended to be a sudden thought on someone's part

Now that's not very ASD is it? :shame: Hand back that dx, please. :D

Now that's not very ASD is it? :shame: Hand back that dx, please. :D

Can I have it back again if I confess that I then panic about it and wish I hadn't, even though I then go on to enjoy them?? :hypno:

Bid :lol:

Can I have it back again if I confess that I then panic about it and wish I hadn't, even though I then go on to enjoy them?? :hypno:

Only if you display your panic through a little light 'harmless' computer hacking whilst wearing one slipper and mumbling something incoherent about cheese. I think that's right, anyway. :unsure:

Having started this thread, I'm afraid I now have to say that I will be disappearing for the foreseeable future...

My very elderly, disabled mum had a radical mastectomy yesterday, and unfortunately Meg has had a set-back with her hand post-surgery :(

Hope the meet still goes ahead, and have a great time peeps!!

Bid :wacko:

Edited by bid