Sign in to follow this  
witsend

Had consultant appt this morning

Hi everyone - bursting to share the news - went to cons appt this morning and can't believe it but he has diagnosed son with Aspergers!! Didn't have to do battle or even get my list out! What a relief! Thought I would feel a bit down when we finally got diagnosis but actually at the moment am just feeling very relieved and slightly euphoric (I trust this will wear off shortly) it was just so unexpected to get diagnosis today - I had thought we would have to have a full day of assessments or something. Cons going to write to school and hopefully attend next statement review meeting! Thanks to all of you who have given me help and support through this site - you're fab! Am starting to ramble now - will turn into an oscar like acceptance speech if I go on much longer! LOL.

Witsend.

Wow!...... no more fighting on the DX front so glad it went smoothly today. The euphoria might stay your sons the same lad he was this morning ,give him a hug from me >:D<<'> .

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Now you can begin to look forwards. I think that knowing for certain clears up a lot of things if only inside of our heads.

take care

Carole

Witsend,

I'm so pleased your pleased... if you know what I mean!

Thought I would feel a bit down when we finally got diagnosis but actually at the moment am just feeling very relieved and slightly euphoric (I trust this will wear off shortly)

Yes, it often wears off quickly, at least you are prepared. It's a bit like a roller coaster ride.

Nellie >:D<<'>

Hi witsend, I am pleased you managed to get a dx without any of the ho-hah that so many go through, it is a strange time after dx a mixture of relief and denial, but atleast now you will be able to move forward.

HHxx

Congrats (? er... something 'not quite right' about that, but I'm sure you know how it's meant!). As others have advised, give yourself some breathing space now, you've earned it. 1st step on a long journey 'n' all that...

L&P

BD :D

Thanks all for your replies - am 'coming down' a bit now but still feeling very relieved. Wine and friends tonight I think! Thanks again - Witsend. P.S still can't figure out how to use these clickable smilies - any tips?

Hi Witsend,

I'm so glad to hear that the meeting was successful B) I hope it goes a long way to helping you get what you need for the future.

Enjoy your drink tonight

Tizz

p.s Witsend,

To use the clickable smiles, just place the curser where you want one and click on the similie you want to use...like this :P

( in the text you were typing- where your curser was placed you will see text added in such as ":P" which is what appears for the smilie above)

Hope that helps

tizz

Guest flutter

I am "glad" you have got to where you need to be without a huge great battle

hope life gets better for you all now

C x