robo

thoughts

Hi Everyone

Does any one else have constant thoughts like,

I can't do this any more,

constant thoughts that some thing bad is going to happen but you don't now what.

Feeling really pressured like what ever you do its never ever going to be good enough.

feeling watched and judged all the time

ect ect.

All day long, i just want the noise to stop.

Daniel

Hi Everyone

Does any one else have constant thoughts like,

I can't do this any more,

constant thoughts that some thing bad is going to happen but you don't now what.

Feeling really pressured like what ever you do its never ever going to be good enough.

feeling watched and judged all the time

ect ect.

All day long, i just want the noise to stop.

Daniel

I think that's quite common Daniel. These nameless fears can ultimately prevent you doing anything if you let them. But they are all in your mind. They are not the voices of external, real people whom you can see and touch.

And because it's your mind, you don't have to acknowledge these thoughts or allow them to affect your life. They may not go away but you can ignore them and do whatever it is you have to or want to.

I know that may sound simplistic, but it's actually hard. Nevertheless it is possible to prevent such thoughts dictating how you live your life.

Thank you for you reply, its good to share things like this, I do have OCD i have had CBT but some times the thoughts just over run you.

Thanks

Daniel

I do have OCD

A relative of mine has OCD so I have some idea how distressing it can be. I have it in a mild form. Quite often when I am walking away from my car I am filled with an overwhelming fear that I have failed to lock it. The temptation to go back and check is sometimes too hard to resist but every time I do, the car is locked.

I know this is a trivial example of what you probably experience, but I think OCD can develop from such minor things. So I do try not to recheck the car in the hope that it will prevent a more serious problem developing later.

Best wishes.

Hi Daniel,

Thought like this are very common in things like OCD and depression. They are not an inevitable part of Asperger's - they are something that you can get help with. CBT can be really helpful for this type of thing, so you might need some more CBT focussing on this specific problem, or maybe a different kind of therapy.

Are you getting any help at all at the moment?

i often have the thought of that lost something (house/work keys,mobile phone,purse - with bank cards in!) so constantly checking my bag all time do it quite few times during the day or get a panic striken feeling of fear/anxiety of whether i have locked the door or not when i leave for work or th gym makes me feel sick i work myself iup that much about it! i sometimes had text my mum tell me that i did lock the door fine it bothers worries me that much alot of time i go back and check few times or play around in my head all day!

XKLX

Hi thank you for your replys, i am still deciding weather to ask for more help, work are discussing various things that might make me decided. Feeling better at moment.

Thank you

Daniel

My son is developing some OCD type behaviours eg. handwashing, intrusive thoughts etc. We've also got some physical and verbal tics now.

I think is all part of the anxiety/OCD. I don't know how old you are, or whether you have ever considered medication?

My son has alot of anxiety now and is avoiding many things, including leaving the house. He is afraid of social interactions and being in public.

He keeps breaking out in rashes and hives. Don't know if that is a reaction to the amount of handwashing or the anxiety/stress levels.

It worries me because, as you say, the anxiety and thoughts and behaviours can be overwhelming and then stop you doing the things you want or need to do.

This is just my opinion. But I think that some people have avoidance behaviours and for others who may feel more pressured or want to confirm but cannot due to anxiety that these types of things are really mental avoidance behaviours - not deliberate, but the only way the brain can try to save itself the stress of having to do something it struggles with.

I don't have any answers I'm afraid. But just wanted you to know that there are lots of other people out there having similar struggles.

I also think that there is alot known of the physical side of OCD etc, but not so much about the mental compulsions and obsessive thoughts. That is invisible to other people, and yet maybe much more distressing because you might feel like you are going mad, when you aren't.

Edited by Sally44

Daniel I have the hoarding form of OCD which I'm treating by having help to get rid of my excess stuff.

I do feel like I'm not good enough especially when applying for jobs and attending autism related social groups,

except for the Bath and this months Bristol Pub group. This has been a problem more so in the last year.

I can use my Bphil in Autism I'm just not being given the right opportunities.

Hi i was on Citalapram the highest dose 60mcg but i tryed to get of them when i got to 20 things got really bad again, im now on velafaxin 37mcg x2 per day but i thing it might need uping as work is not stable they keep changing /updating/ improving ect that does my head in and winter is always hard going.

I did manage to switch all thoughts off when i was on the citalaprim but it was effecting my function down below.

An autistic friend of mine went psych on the velafaxin or some similar sounding drug.

Constant thoughts have been a problem for me... especially when I was a teenager and in addition I'd get repetition of the last thing said before silence or something catchy or stupid or music and my mind would just go wild on auto-repeat... that and counting (step, distance, time, events, people, items etc)

Its less bad these days - it tends to get worse when I'm stressed or depressed - and I enjoy the silence whenever I can, but in the main I have got used to the constant hitting of thoughts (like flash photography on burst) and the auto-repeat seems to have calmed too...