Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

He wrote me a letter

D is going to see his middle school today, with his class teacher, they are going in a taxi together. He met the head of year 4 last week, and thought he was cool. I woke up this morning, and found a letter from D. Bless him, I cried when I read this; :crying:

I am fritend and sceared but I am trin to bee brave? are thre any bad boys?

aretheteachers goingto shoutat me

Iamagoodboy

Iamsumtimes worid

willIget taktime?

(Take time is 5 mins of exercise so he can settle down to 15 mins of classwork)

I wonder how he is getting on, tomorrow he is spending the whole day there,and he is going with his friend. I have given this letter to him, so he can show his teachers, and remind him of the questions he wants to know. :crying:

Aw Bless!! :tearful:

I haven't got any words of wisdom but wanted to giveboth you and Steve my >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> hugs!!!

Please keep us posted on how the meeting went. I am thinking of you both.

Hes back!

Very, very quiet tonight. not like him.

They filled a camera with photos. Teach filled me in on the day, and they talked about his letter with his new teacher and SENCO, and answered each of his questions.

He kept his coat on all day;( lots of pictures of a little boy with his hood up) and he just said he wants to stay at his school forever.

He had 3 children who were at his school last year show him around, he met the head, the SENCO, secretary, head of year, French teacher, PE teacher and was shown a picture of the music teacher who he will meet tomorrow.

Im so glad he is going to this school, it was worth visiting all 4 in the local area, and changing my mind twice!

Ive got a meeting tonight there with all the other parents.

Just tomorrow to get through now.

S

xxx

Oh, his letter made me cry too! :tearful:

It says it all about our kids, doesn't it?

Really hope the day goes well >:D<<'>

Bid :tearful:

Big lump in throat after reading the letter. It reminds us what it takes in effort for our kids to move forward.

On the plus side it is brilliant that he is able to write down his concerens and it is something I would really encourage and try to expand on. My 17 year old son still writes me letters when he is unable to talk through his problems.

Maybe tomorrow will not be so tough for him having been there again today? I hope so.

>:D<<'> Carole

Thank, TM, Bid, and Carole,

I cant settle,

both schools are trying really hard to make things easier for him. And he is going back in September before term starts to remind him of his new class and teacher,

they are taking some photos today, to make a book for him to look at in the summer holidays, Im happy about everything they are trying to do,

just cant help worrying....

xxx

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sallya, how wonderful that he wrote you this, and how sad it must make you feel, lump in my throat as I type. I hope he gets the support he needs and his anxieties are reassured.

HHxx

Hi Sallyanne,

How wonderful that your son can express his feelings so clearly.

It's an emotional time for both of you but I'm glad you feel confident about your choice of school.

I hope tomorrow goes well,

K

This letter of Steve also brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that this school seems to be right for him. That makes such a change.. Good luck for both of you....and this letter showed me again what wonderful kids we have!!!!!! >:D<<'>

hi sallyanne , i hope that he gets on well at his new and school and its lovely to hear that it is the school u wanted. xx

Im very, very proud of him for the way he has coped this week.

The meeting for parents went well, apart from one little incident when we all went into the hall to find seats. There are 3 of his friends in his class moving to this school, which is out of catchment area. 2 of the mums were sitting down already, and I had to walk past them to find an empty seat, they ignored me, 2 minutes later, the last mum came in with her hubby, and as soon as they saw her, they budged up and made room for both of them with lots of "come and sit with us". I felt a bit like billynomates, and had to bite the tears back.

His full day at school went well, although he wanted to go back to see his own teacher afterwards. He took part in the yr 3 school morning performance "the happy prince", but was too scared to repeat the evening one, so the teach said he didnt have to do it.

His letter has disappeared, so it was lucky I took some photocopies of it before he went to school. The best bit about this week, was he managed to get on the computer, and wrote another note, it just said

I LOVE YOU MUM

XXX