Sign in to follow this  
oracle

It could only happen to Matthew!

Hi Carole,

I'm glad Matthew's OK and his injury was relatively minor. TRANSCO should compensate you for this - it could have been serious.

K

Hi Carole,

I agree with Kathryn, surely transco should have ensured there was a barrier around this too. What about the visually impaired ? I get really annoyed with people digging up the pavement, or road and just leaving a board over the top, it's not exactly safe for anyone, is it?My uncle fell down a man hole was he was 2, everyone in the family remembers it cos he was wearing a dress ! this was back in the days when toddlers all wore dresses (or perhaps they're not telling me something !!!)

I am glad that Mathew is more or less alright Carole, it could have been worse. I would do the same as your hubby wants, calling transco is a must...it could happen to more kids or even people. A big "Get Well Soon" to Mathew...hugs >:D<<'> to you!!

This happened to my brother a few years back. Running for a bus, he didn't notice an open unmarked manhole. Fell straight in, only stopped by his arms sticking out either side. He said it felt like having both arms dislocated at the same time - and everyone on the bus just stared and laughed! (I blame Kirsty's Home Videos - sick program)

Hope it doesn't hurt Matthew too much

nemo

OMGoodness!!! I'm glad he got out relatively unscathed but what a nightmare!

Keep us posted on Transco's reply, should be an interesting one eh!! You could sue them for that too! I'm currently sueing the council for an accident my son had. Good Lcuk and HUGS for Matthew.

:( Gosh how awful,hope he is,nt to sore today this must have been a terrible scare for him.Definitely follow this up his injuries could have been much worse.

wow hope hes okay. why cant workmen do their job properly? :wacko:

If that didn't sound do painful it would be hilarious!

I hope he recovers quickly and isn't too upset by it.

Hi Carole,

Good job you took this video, it's funny how these repairs are suddenly made once there has been an accident.

I tripped over a broken off bollard (was sober at the time!) and just didn't see it, it was about 3 or 4 cm over pavement level. I broke 2 of my front teeth (had hands in pockets, duh !) It was fixed the same day I rang and told the council, my other half had been earlier and photographed it. ha !

Be careful choosing a solicitor, does your home insurance cover this type of thing ?

If it does, a no win no fee type job could use your insurance. (?)

I was lucky, council coughed up for dentists etc. with no quibbles. My daughter broke her leg on a dangerous slide on private property (this eco place has since closed) and we are having real problems getting them to admit liability. Hopefully, cos this accident happened on a public highway it should be quite straightforward.

Good luck and I hope Matthew is soon feeling better.

Life's tricky enough outdoors for our children, we don't need extra dangers to contend with.

wac