A-S warrior

a few quick pointers for a young a-s sufferer on a night out.

• make sure you have eaten well, and are well hydrated before going out.
  • dont stare at pepole, or look at them too long, this may intimidate others and may result in you being in an un wanted fight.
  • no matter what your friends say, drink a pint of water after every 3 drinks. you still get a nice buzz, and you wont get a hangover
  • dont be taken for a mug, if it was your round last round, and for some reason they have talked you into buying another round, either say no, its your round next. or leave immedietley and ditch those friends.
  • keep your drink with you at all times, dont ever leave your drink unattended at any time. keep your eyes on it and if you do go to the toilet, or go outside, and leave your drink at a table, then throw it away strait away. if your drink has been spiked trust me, your going to know about it.
  • have a durex handy, if your someone whos after a one nighter, then your going to want to be prepaired. but bear in mind, one night stands are more emotionally damaging than pepole think, espeshilly if your a female.
  • eat at the end of the night, this prevents a hanover even further.
  • if your a woman never flag down a taxi, you never know who that driver is, and its sad but men do go out in cars, stick a taxi sign on top and call themselves taxi drivers, just as a means to get young and vunrable women to do unthinkable things too. so book a taxi in advance or go to a registered taxi rank.
  • dont walk down a baddly lit street, always have a means of transport to get home, or walk down a main road. if you do have to walk home, walk tall, look like you know were your going, and look strait ahead. and avoid any shady looking characters.
  • if you find yourself in a situation where your in a club and someone wants to fight you, dont rise to the bait find a bouncer and get the guy chucked out.
  • if you are in a situation were you are walking home and group, asks for your wallet, give them the wallet and cancel all debit cards, credit cards, etc as soon as possible. phones, wallets, watches can be replaced, you cant.

thats my run down of how to look after yourself on a night out, as usual, do comment your thoughts and even your own imput. more than all of the points ive made, have fun and have a good night.

Edited by A-S warrior

i wouldnt go out too late at night i would be going home after 9pm im scared being out let alone im quite vulnerable to things happening to me so i tend to not even go out socially to pubs

Some good points there.

Don't go on a night out on your own. Always go with a group of friends who will look out for you and ensure you get home safely.

Some very good suggestions. I have just a couple more.

Do not advertise your valuables. Do not talk on your mobile or listen to your mp3 player, they are safest left inside your bag/pockets. If you must make a phone call, stand with your back against a wall. That way no one can come up behind you and you can see all around you.

Items are easily pick-pocketed from your back pocket. Keep them in your front pocket, pushed down right into your pocket.

Don't keep your keys in your back pocket if you intend to sit down - it hurts your bum!

Thanks A-S Warrior, yes have been absent for a while due to other commitments. I can't even remember the last time I had a night out lol.

Another suggestion perhaps... I see many people who (like myself) own 2 mobile phones. I have one contract and one PAYG. If anyone goes on a night out, take the PAYG mobile because if it gets lost/nicked, there is only a finite amount of credit on it before it runs out and the phone becomes useless. I would not dream of taking my "best" (contract) phone out (and it's not an iphone btw).

Also, if you live with somebody and they're not coming with you, let them know where you are going and an estimate of when you'll be home. That way they will not worry.

Just my 2cents...

for sure a good idea, and further to my list, perhaps only take out only the money your going to need, and leave the cards and excess money at home.

Good ideas on here folks - just wanted to say that I think it does us all good to think of certain things and I don't know if its cuz of AS but I know I can be a bit more vulnerable or naive than the average person so thinking of common sense things is good as I often forget common sense!! (especially after a few drinks lol or when people try to take the pee with money) Although I also cannot remember the last time I went on a night out :D

if im out late at night i dont have music on me, carry personal alarm with me and dont take my phone out of my bag- always keep things seperate say if your bag is knicked keep something in a pocket make sure its zipped. if carry a bag that sits across your should u can always hold it and have it under your coat so its easier for them to stop knicking your bag..

and only carry money you need enough for a taxi home and drink out - £30-40 reasonable consideration where i live its 30 mins away it be at least £25 quid but dont forget that they charge even more after midnight

In my experience I would advise people to be familiar with the locations they are going to vist. I always tend to take a look in daylight as environments can look and importantly feel very different in the dark and be aware of things such as exit points, public telephones, taxi ranks etc... When we are tired and stresses trying to find these types of things in the hustle and bustle of a Friday or Saturday evening can be difficult.

Other tips would be all about general awareness and monitoring your physical and mental state. I personally find thresholds to be difficult. The transition spaces between being outside and indside. They often hit me with changes in temperature and noise levels. Often there are a lot of smells and background white noise elements from air conditioning units. Neon lights can also provide pulsating reflections off reflective surfaces. I always try to take it slowly through such threshold areas and give myself time to become adjusted. When I am out with people they often charge through and I find this disconcerting in the fact I do not want to loose them but at the same time I need to adjust. I find this works both ways and can be problematic exiting a building. There have been times where I have felt very claustraphobic and have decided to get out for some fresh air and there has been an initial shock when I did.

If there is one problem I have constantly had on long nights out it has been door staff and trying to get back into a venue. It is highly unlikely that I will be able to stay in a concrete box of a night club for a few hours without having a break outside. I have lost count of the number of times I have gone out and not been able to get back in. A lot of night clubs now have telphone numbers which can be contacted in the early evening as they try to sell V.I.P. packages. If you think you are moving on to one such venue I would check what is the procedure for being able to leave and re enter the premessis. If I am not able to do this, to be honest I am not interested these days simply because it takes away from me a massive and important management strategy.

just a couple of thoughts.

Or called it part 2 of your episode thing you were planning on doing lol where did you put that? ;)

cant rember :hypno: but they will all go together into one collection eventully, when ive typed them all up and found them all.