Mannify

Views v. replies

Sometimes people might read something but not be able to answer any questions or offer any suggestions, therefore might not reply.

Lynden beat me to it!

AS is a diverse condition with individuals at different places upon the spectrum. Sometimes a post is not interesting, some might be difficult to answer for some individuals. Generally I will only answer a post where I feel I have appropriate knowledge

I'm sure you're both right, but I also think it's the first forum I've come across which logs views and it's a slightly odd thing to get used to, lol.

Well, yeah, I mean it can feed into one's paranoia a bit. I'm sure I can't be the only one who feels a little naked over the whole 'view' thing.

I don't even look at it when I post something - but technically there's several reasons - some of which have been speculated already - but if you think about it, if just one person checks every time someone posts something there could be several from that one person alone.

There's often more guests than logged in members, so that could account for some of the views too...

Plus I suppose there's some logic in the fact that the more people who read it, the more likely you are to get a reply :)

I've often found myself glancing at a topic simply as a result of having clicked "next unread topic", only to find it doesn't interest me any further.