Mannify

How did you choose your avatar?

For me, the choice was randomly made for me. Somehow the server dredged up a picture of my son's bin weevil. I was going to change it, but maybe it's quite a good representation of me after all. My son's bin weevil plays quite a large part in my life.

Edited by Mannify

very good idea for a topic!

i used to have a sword in the stone picture to represent inner strengh, i changed it about a month ago to king conan because i feel my persona has gone along the lines of forum king lol.

Edited by A-S warrior

did you change your status to 'king of kings' or was it bestowed upon you?

i changed it myself. not many pepole know you can actully edit the title above your avatar to whatever you want, just go to your user control pannel and edit your member title. i was just sick of seeing mt blanc or ben nevis, i wanted to be idivdual.

Mine is drawing of me done by my son when he was about 2 years of age.

I thought on this forum one had to supply one's own pic - and I haven't a clue how to do that!

There's a drop down box that says "indiscreet" on the top right of your page

You press the word titled "profile"

Then there's a black box on the right that say "edit my profile" - press it

This loads a page that says "General account settings"

The top option under that title says change my photo (it might say add photo on yours I don't know cuz mine has a photo and you don't) but it will say something similar.

This opens a smaller window where you can then choose whether to upload a photo or you can link to one online using the URL (web address).

To upload you need your picture or photo to be on your computer - I use my pictures folder cuz it's easier to find stuff (although I don't use it all the time).

Then you press "done"

Let me know if this doesn't work and we can see if we can work out why :)

Nah I look like a nerd. But I am seriously planning to write my own autobiography one day (Aspie related of course). I started writing my memoirs about 10 years ago

Mine is something I created myself and the image just took shape.

I like to think it means "optimism" but it also means "individualism" and "independence".

Many people just copy a picture from somewhere and use it as their own which is a bit risky if you ask me!

Edited by Mike_GX101

Nah I look like a nerd. But I am seriously planning to write my own autobiography one day (Aspie related of course). I started writing my memoirs about 10 years ago

i might do one based on this place

i,ll call it

'Ben perry on A-S warrior'

i think it could be a number one seller, throw in some of my best posts and watch it sell like hot cakes.

You don't look like a nerd - you look just fine - I respect the fact you have the guts to let us actually see what you look like :)

I want to change mine, I'm getting bored of blackness, but I just can't decide what to go for either....

I agree, he doesn't, does he? Robert, I read the 'what you look like' thread, and if you truly think you're ugly, there's a large margin between self- perception and reality.

What do I look like? Well, my face is blue, mt body is black and my legs are white. My antenna? They're blue, too.

I didn't mean my comment like against your choice - it's one of those occasions where I should have explained myself - I just meant that I've known several fans over my life and they all have things with that image (t-shirts, posters, mugs, you name it basically).

And also - God, don't ask me! I can sit and criticise til the sun goes down - why do you think I haven't changed my own picture yet ;):lol:

It's a cool image - you do what is right for you :D

Mine is something I created myself and the image just took shape.

I like to think it means "optimism" but it also means "individualism" and "independence".

Many people just copy a picture from somewhere and use it as their own which is a bit risky if you ask me!

This opens a smaller window where you can then choose whether to upload a photo or you can link to one online using the URL (web address).

This is where I stalled. I opted for linking to one online using the URL and joined Gravatar. This told me that if I didn't provide a picture one would be produced for me but nothing appears to have happened. I'm obviously doing something wrong but I don't what.

Weird....

Can you download an image onto your computer and try the upload option to see if it works that way?

My logic is if the URL approach doesn't work then it's worth seeing if the upload option does - just to see if that is even an option - I guess if that doesn't work either you could contact (I was going to say one of the mods or admins but really I guess Lufty is the best guy for that cuz he's around most) and see if the problem is with your computer.

One last thing I would try is a different browser - I think you said you use google - it might be worth upgrading to chrome, or trying firefox or IE9 - there's others but these seem to be the favourites amongst people I know - there's one's called Opera or Safari too - but I would recommend chrome firefox or internet explorer 9 - that's assuming you feel like testing whether it's your browser that is being annoying in this respect (I always blame that first lol) :)