lizzy-wilson

What's your favorite song of all time?

Music is such a big part in my life now. I have loads of music and I'll listen to anything. I thought it might be interesting to find out what people's favorite song is.

Mine is....Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved. I love it!

But there are so many to choose from...my iTunes library has over 2000 songs!

I have almost 10,000 songs in my music library and about 100 cd's I've never got around to putting on there and there's probably a couple of hundred that I haven't got around to buying or begging off people yet - and choosing one song seems impossible! :lol:

Plus my favourite song can change by the day/week/month or year :blink:

However the challenge of picking just one does appeal... I may have to think about this for some time :wacko:

The new song by Loreen called 'Euphoria' lots of dance and very catchy and its my favourite this month :)

Only this month? Where were you on 26 May?

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/24444-nul-points/page__p__325297#entry325297

Ok, I'm gonna be brave. I can't pinpoint an all-time favorite song, but here's one that was my favorite for quite a while when I was younger and seems to have followed me through life pretty well.

A-S Warrior you have had you go, can't have 2 favorite songs of all time just because you didn't think hard enough first time, lol.

A-S Warrior you have had you go, can't have 2 favorite songs of all time just because you didn't think hard enough first time, lol.

i have a favorate song for every occasion.

This is difficult because the question which is your favorite track or single or piece of music might lead to a different answer. I have given this some though and have used the following deffinition of song in an attempt to get me to an answer;

song: a piece of music, usually employing a verbal text, composed for the voice, esp one intended for performance by a soloist (Collins, English, dictionary), based on this criteria here is my decision.

For me he has 'the voice' and that's a pretty good starting point.

I Heard it through the grapevine. Brilliant song...have you heard Michael McDonald version of it? It's just as good!

This is difficult because the question which is your favorite track or single or piece of music might lead to a different answer. I have given this some though and have used the following deffinition of song in an attempt to get me to an answer;

song: a piece of music, usually employing a verbal text, composed for the voice, esp one intended for performance by a soloist (Collins, English, dictionary), based on this criteria here is my decision.

For me he has 'the voice' and that's a pretty good starting point.

Well there goes one of my options :wallbash: as I refuse to copy anyone :lol:

Sod it, I'm gonna go with this, cuz it was an option too and I loved it from the moment I first heard it...

Darkshine let battle commence, good voice I agree possibly great voice, but it doesn't stand up to this does it;

and the story behind the song has more meaning, than simply 'stand by me'.

The case for the defense is over !!!

Lol.

P.S. we have these talent shows like 'The Voice' on TV and if Marvin Gaye turned up in this form it would simply be game over, personal opinion.

Edited by LancsLad

Lizzy thanks for the post it's question has filled a good few hours of thought for me over the past few days. It has provided a nice reminder of how important music is in my life, I suspect many others feel the same way.