SensitiveSoul

I'm new to the site - Hello!

Hi, my name is Sonia and I just joined this site. I thought I would post to say hello. There's lot's of information about me in my profile. I struggle so much with making friends that I get very lonely and very depressed and would like to meet some people that I could talk to on this site if I can.

I love your photo :)

Thanks Mannify. I love my niece to pieces :)

Hi and welcome to the forum

Hi and thanks for the welcome LancsLad :)

Hi :)

Hi darkshine. Thanks for the response :)

Hi SensitiveSoul and welcome. You'll find we're a friendly, supportive lot on here so feel free to browse and contribute :)

Thanks for the welcome Robert :)

Well done on all the quoting! It took me about a month to get the hang of that :unsure:

lol Mannify :lol: Computers are another of my interests and I'm pretty good on them :) I seem to be the unofficial computer technician for my manager and her admin assistant at work!

Thanks hollypoppy.I loved it too. I like the message and think the ducks are sooo cute! I came across it purely by chance but I'm glad I did :)

Hi and welcome added you as a friend because im also a Liverpool FC fan, Steven Gerrard is my favourite player. A relative of mine supports Everton though so we have a joke about whenever 1 team beats the other (or doesnt in the case of a draw).

im running a few social groups with 2 other friends of mine, a cinema group and cafe group in bristol and a combined cinema, cafe and pub/outings group in bath.

I love Steven Gerrard too! He will always be an LFC legend in my eyes - definitely one of our all time greats! I'm the odd one out in my family. My dad and siblings are Everton fans so I'm in the same situation as you on having relatives supporting Everton. We're always winding each other up about it. I didn't hear the end of it after they finished above Liverpool last season. we had a shocking season by our standards! I have a good feeling about Brendan Rodgers though. I hope it works out with him.

The social groups and stuff sound like a great idea. if I lived anywhere near those areas I'd be really interested but unfortunately I don't. There are a couple of social groups around where I live though, so I'm not too badly off.

I noticed you are friends with someone who is involved in the social scene regarding Aspergers. Your profile sounds quite similar to mine. Knew age 7 something was different about me. age 16 i got an asperger diagnosis (i identify with classic moderate autism though), since then ive ended up with the long line of diagnoses you see in my profile.

I love my nephew he is funny and adorable also very intelligent but i worry he might be on the spectrum as his behaviour is similiar to another child who has traits and is around the same age.

I noticed you are friends with someone who is involved in the social scene regarding Aspergers.

I am? you noticed more than me then :lol:

since then ive ended up with the long line of diagnoses you see in my profile.

I only have the Asperger's diagnosis although am totally convinced that I have at least one other co-morbid condition. For a start I suffer badly with anxiety to the point of panic attacks and stuff, so I'm convinced I have some kind of anxiety disorder. I also wouldn't be surprised if I have some kind of speech and language issue or processing disorder. There's nothing wrong with my actual language development. It's more about my processing of language, and my understanding and use of it. I also almost definitely have some kind of attachment/dependency disorder - ?dependent personality disorder. However its all ifs, buts and maybes, and like I say the only concrete diagnosis I have is Asperger's and that was difficult enough to get. I don't reckon I stand much chance of getting anything else officially diagnosed.

I love my nephew he is funny and adorable also very intelligent but i worry he might be on the spectrum as his behaviour is similiar to another child who has traits and is around the same age.

I love my niece, and she too is intelligent. Already at 3 months old she is trying to talk in her own way, is almost crawling, and knows exactly what to do to walk, but just isn't yet strong enough. I have to admit I have looked for signs in her before now, but I'm pretty sure she hasn't. I think because I'm so aware of ASD's, I pick up the smallest signs in her behaviour that could be a result of other things, and over worry about her. The rate she's trying to crawl and walk and talk, there doesn't seem too much wrong with her development. She's so energetic I reckon she's more likely to have ADHD like her dad!

Hi Sensitive Soul

Yes i found a friend of yours mentioned in your profile. i have met them recently and their dad and also a friend of theirs an Everton supporter, lol

i think the over-dependency is common in autism especially with females. It is to do with low confidence of being unable to complete something without another person being there 'in case it goes wrong'. Partly related to difficulties asking for help IME. I get quite stuttery at times and due to my sensory issues feel i fit the 'H'FA criterion better than the asperger ones. It is possible the complications of dyslexia, past painful memories and my pain disabilities are complicating matters.

i can understand why you would come to that conclusion re ADHD for your niece. My brother appears inattentive ADD 'nice but lives in a cloud' is one description, hard to tell because he's got severe sleep problems.

Lovely to meet you :-)

You've met Robert? The Everton supporter would be John if that's the case. I'm friends with both of them.

I wasn't sure if the dependency thing was common among people with Asperger's. I tried starting a thread to find out if others on here had similar feelings, but didn't get much response. It makes me feel comforted somewhat to read your opinion, and to think that maybe it is just another element of my Asperger's.

I know all about severe sleep problems. I'm so sleep deprived it's horrible. I constantly feel tired and look awful! I should be asleep now but feel wide awake. My mind is racing with different thoughts, and I find it hard to switch off from them.

It's lovely to meet you too :)

There is a book about 'sleep disorders and autism' seems quite recent. ive got the 'sleep problems for dummies'

zzzzzzzzzzzz off to bed

I'll have to have a look out for those books. I'm also contemplating going to my Dr to see about medication for my anxiety because it's really bad and part of what's keeping me awake.

Robert's with me at the moment, and confirmed he does know you because you met at Autscape. Small world :)

Hope that works re going to the doctors.