A-S warrior

forum etiquette

ive learned alot the last few days on the boards. and that one thing is 'thinking before you post' im as quilty as anybody for snappy and judgmental comments and that is going to stop.

meeting a particuarlly vial and disgusting member yesterday has made me want to make sure i never end up like that, and what i want more than ever now is to be as down to earth and layed back as possible. i want be helpful, polite and as fun as possible. and im going to take extra care to fully think through every part of my post (if its an on topic disscussion, off topic who cares lol) and make sure i deliver the best reasponse.

basically im going to work at being more helpfull and polite, and being the 'pepoles warrior'

im not going to try and convert anybody into a 'good wholesome familly friendly' member of the forum, but i can at least set an example.

someone may be ready to post a critisising comment, but after todays perfomance i can handle anything lol.

the good will in lets help me to india post, is my motivation to be a better person, beacuse topics like that are what its all about.

I just want to say individuals are not viral and distgusting, though at times some people might feel their behaviour can be at times. I think we need to be open to other individulas and say I do not agree with what you have said there, or go as far as saying I do not like what you have said, but lets not pass judgement on individuals. We all have our good days and have our bad days. I make a point of not drawing conclusions about someone untill I get a sense of them over a period of time. I hope people will treat me the same way.

I know what it is like to walk life in my own shoes. This gives me experience and possibly insight, and those insights are freely offered for people to take as they wish. From that position I would like to offer my insight on things which I have seen over the past few days.

I have in my life bred Border Collies and they have I suspect gone to a variety of homes. Some of the pups have gone to friends and from time to time they get together and so do the dogs with their brothers and sisters, most of them I never see again. Some might have ended up in homes where they are treated as a top pedigree dog and put into shows, some might have their abilities recognised and partake in agility trials, one or two might even be working dogs on a farm or as a search and rescue animal. I suspect most have been good family pets because I have known the tempraments of mum and dad were very good.

But one or two might have fallen into different scenarios, they might have even ended up on the streets or suffered abuse. They might have had to forage for themselves on a daily basis, I hope not but I can not be sure. What I do know is if I got them all together, though most will have died by now there would be a mixed picture.

Maybe one of them looks beautiful and is well groomed but it is a bit snappy. One of them might have been out for a long walk through the fields and is a bit messy and smells a bit. Maybe one is quite timid and wants to stay in the background feeling they are afraid of this many dogs. Maybe one is a manky thing that is intelligent and defensive at first but friendly when they can trust you. And lastly I guess one of them would have a bit of a grey face and be a bit stiff in it's old age.

Whatever they are like they have a bond, they have a common element and they have equal value.

At the end of the day we are what we are, the forum is a place for many individuals and our life experiences are different and that is a good thing because it means there is a lot to learn from each other. When I have seen dogs I have bred get back together there is often that uneasy period where they think that is another dog just like the other dogs it sees. I have often had either mum or dad with me and the penny drops quickly in respect to mum, but sometimes because I have kept pups they are brother or sisters and they do sense this, then things change and often they revert back to the most stupid puppy behaviour because it is what links them.

Individuals on the forum we are very different in many ways but in others we are so much alike, I guess petty squabling and falling out goes with the territory.

Just a thought.

the good will in lets help me to india post, is my motivation to be a better person
Do you mean that thread that stops just short of suggesting we all dismember you so you'll fit into a 3x2 freight box? ;)

Do you mean that thread that stops just short of suggesting we all dismember you so you'll fit into a 3x2 freight box? ;)

i had noticed that, all i can say is id like to see them try.

I just want to say individuals are not viral and distgusting, though at times some people might feel their behaviour can be at times.

Individuals on the forum we are very different in many ways but in others we are so much alike, I guess petty squabling and falling out goes with the territory.

this guy was perticulally dastardly and disgusting. the pre meditation and slander in his posts were the actions of a psychopath. but i wont give the guy in question anymore air time. im just going to be the best man i can be and the best forum member i can be for all of you.

I've thought about this a lot and I've come to believe that the BIG problem is that while most forums are made up of people with a common interest ie. fans of a celebrity, or a common cause - fighting to promote something, or campaigning to stop something happening, here our common interest is something that ranges right across a spectrum. That in itself is liable to cause tensions and misunderstandings but in addition there's a mix of those with learning difficulties and those who are very high-functioning as well as those at various stages in between.

Since it's part of the condition of autism to look at take things literally and to misunderstand, or misinterpret what other people are saying, while at the same time often saying something which, while it may be true, can seem hurtful or inconsiderate to others ( something which is my besetting sin in real life), it's not surprising that problems on this board arise from time to time.

As LancsLad said:

No it was LancsLad talking about border collies - but yeah - there was the suggestion of you offering advice to Mannify about killing her mum's dog with chocolate - which would put a whole new slant on the phrase "death by chocolate" ;)

basically im going to work at being more helpfull and polite, and being the 'pepoles warrior'

im not going to try and convert anybody into a 'good wholesome familly friendly' member of the forum, but i can at least set an example.

Great new "mission statement". :thumbs:

Great new "mission statement". :thumbs:

You re-worded the categorical imperative: "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

I always felt A-S Warrior was a prophet now it has been confirmed, lol.

Seriously I have always felt that the best way to lead is to live your personal life to the highest standards you possibly can and to then move in the right directions. If you do that people often follow.

I always felt A-S Warrior was a prophet now it has been confirmed, lol.

Steady on, Warrior will be heading towards becoming a canon next..:lol: :lol:

I see myself as generally a humble person and try to be nice to people - especially as I am a novice in social rules etc. I just wish everyone could be nice too. I find this in my job every day as a public servant, I try to please, some people are very gracious and appreciate my help whilst others demand and complain when they can't get what they want. The one thing that really p*sses me off is bad manners

A-S Warrior and a cannon what a cool idea we could fire him across on his India project.

I agree Robert good manners are a dying art form. I am not perfect and often think would I have said it like that to my Nan, and if not why not?

A-S Warrior and a cannon what a cool idea we could fire him across on his India project.

I

Oh, I wasn't thinking of that sort of cannon - but yes, this would be a way to get him across for free.

I was talking about canonising him after he'd done time as a prophet...but I forgot, he'd have to become a martyr first before a canon

I was talking about canonising him after he'd done time as a prophet...but I forgot, he'd have to become a martyr first before a canon
So both forms of the word canon could be employed in the same process. Neat. Edited by Mannify

If he was to become a martyr does that means someone over in India would have to feel sorry for him once he had landed, and if so do we think that is a possibility or not?

(just want to say A-S Warrior is a good sport to put up with this sort of stuff)

Edited by LancsLad

I would have thought they'd need to murder him for him to become a martyr, but it would have to be on the basis that he's a prophet or a guide of some kind and therefore a threat to their own beliefs.

I would say A-S Warrior is a threat to many peoples belief systems, one of his good points in my opinion, so he ticks that box already. The jury is still obviously out on the prophet bit, so the thing we need to find out is this,

A-S Warrior where you in the Girl Guides when you were younger or not?

When we know the answer to that one I guess we can kind of take it from there.

A-S Warrior do they make those things in portable format for use in the outside world, if not am thinking of a Dragon's Den type moment some point in the future, lol.

A-S Warrior do they make those things in portable format for use in the outside world, if not am thinking of a Dragon's Den type moment some point in the future, lol.

theres a niche in the market for it..... roll with it and see what you come up with. if you invent it you,d be a millionaire.

Need one for the back of my bicycle which shouts 'back the hell off', that might be a good first product.

Oh, I wasn't thinking of that sort of cannon - but yes, this would be a way to get him across for free.

We could start by elevating him to the canon of important philosophers in a loose sense, which would make him a loose cannon :partytime::cheers::lol::D:bounce: .

theres a niche in the market for it..... roll with it and see what you come up with. if you invent it you,d be a millionaire.

I could sure use something like that - but it has to have Mr Burns saying "excellent" on it or I'm not interested :lol: