Special_talent123

Exciting opportunity I am applying for

I received a very exciting opportunity by email yesterday by the CDC young ambassadors support staff, and it said that DFE (Department for education) is looking for 18 disabled/SEN young people between 14-25 years old across england to join the young people advisory group to advise the government on the changes they are making that will affect the disabled/sen young people lives. I have just applied and will send off tomorrow.

What Am i expected to do

* Meet and work with new people

*Share views and ideas

*Gain new skills

* Make sure the government changes reflect what disabled/sen young people think

* Take part in meetings

* Represent the views of disabled/sen young people at national advisory group

(travel is paid for whilst taking part in meetings and other activities they do with us)

Why i am getting involved? Government are making changes to the law and to services that will affect all disabled/sen young people about how the changes will affect them.

If i do get picked i will then have to attend an open day

all oppertunitys must be grabbed while there avalible to you, dont let an oppertunity pass you by. so dont let any outside negitve force come in and destroy your chances.

be conifident and belive in yourself at these times.

well done.

You sound ideal for the job ST, really hoping you get the role.

same here and you're welcome re the support.

Guess what- I have been shortlisted they had over 100 applicates and shortlisted to 32 now, i got to attend open day 13th october. I will then know about the group, get to meet the DFE as well as the current staff i working with and find out more about the group. there be a session on getting to know us and then will hear on october 19th if i get final place :)