A-S warrior

my dads a ######

no im not particually angry at him or anyone, but im starting to think my dads a b*stard. over the years hes tryed to p*ss on my fireworks when im doing good at something. i always feel like i lose alot of confidence when im around him, last night for example at the church disscussion group, when i was on a roll in a deep intelligent debate, he would try and butt in to try and embarrass me, and knock me off my pedistal.

he always feels a need to keep me on his leesh, and not let me go to levels in my life i know i can go to. he trys to hold me back for some reason.

i went a whole year without seeing him, and in that year i grew as a person tremendously i diddnt even miss him.

and he knows when im hitting the gym like a mad man and hardcore dieting for a cut im doing, or an event i want to be in best shape for, beacuse he,ll try and tempt me with icecream and stuff. (big deal right? no. every calorie counts during a prep)

i dont feel like me at all when im around him, he doesnt like me being me, he wants me to be him.

theres no phrase or anything whatsoever for the things ive achived latley, he just chips away at me. and worst of all i dont think he realises it.

anyway, i dont need my dad, ive done alright without him. if he wants to embrace the things i do and encourage me fine, if not i dont care, im not going to stop accending as a young man, and into old age.

Edited by A-S warrior

It sounds like more of an insecurity on his part,you will always have the moral high ground though if you accept that ,is who he is , and live your life regardless of how he tries to interfere.Do you have a better relationship with your mum?

My ex husband (father of my four boys) is like that with our eldest son,Josh(almost 12). Josh is NT but gifted and is very opinionated. Myself and everyone who has met my ex strongly believe he is jealous of Josh and knows he is likely to be more successful,an alpha male thing I guess. Prehaps in your achievements he sees his failure and has resentment.

Never let it bring you down.

Edited by justine1

Maybe he doesn't realise how it is making you feel - he probably sees you when you were much younger and feels he needs to be there for you. Remember back when he was there and was helpful and rescued you from many problems but now you're much older and it sounds like you find it too close for comfort.

Maybe talk to him about it because unless he knows he will just continue doing it in a "like father; like son" mode. And the ice cream thing sounds good - again I doubt he's trying sabotage your fitness regime - again you need to tell him that you're not allowed ice cream due to your training.

I do wonder though what he would he would say if he read your message above. Is that really how it is? Is that what you'd tell him in real life? What do you think his reaction would be if you told him all of that word for word?

Edited by Mike_GX101

My ex husband (father of my four boys) is like that with our eldest son,Josh(almost 12). Josh is NT but gifted and is very opinionated. Myself and everyone who has met my ex strongly believe he is jealous of Josh and knows he is likely to be more successful,an alpha male thing I guess. Prehaps in your achievements he sees his failure and has resentment.

Never let it bring you down.

thanks for your reply justine, this sounds just like my father. and i belive this is the first time we,ve met? ive seen many of your posts yet somehow we,ve never spoken.

Maybe he doesn't realise how it is making you feel - he probably sees you when you were much younger and feels he needs to be there for you. Remember back when he was there and was helpful and rescued you from many problems but now you're much older and it sounds like you find it too close for comfort.

Maybe talk to him about it because unless he knows he will just continue doing it in a "like father; like son" mode. And the ice cream thing sounds good - again I doubt he's trying sabotage your fitness regime - again you need to tell him that you're not allowed ice cream due to your training.

I do wonder though what he would he would say if he read your message above. Is that really how it is? Is that what you'd tell him in real life? What do you think his reaction would be if you told him all of that word for word?

i think he would be quite suprised. but others can confirm it. no hes not a bad guy, he just annoys me when he shows no respect for me at times.

I had major issues with my dad, we spent years trying to sort it out, cuz he didn't respect me, but then I didn't respect him no more either.

It aint so bad now though - took ages to work stuff out, but bit by bit we talked better.

ooooooooooh im in a blocking mood! :devil: i going to start getting really ruthless with my blocking, and hammer anyone with my blocking hammer that i think is a waste of my time.

i rember a comment In Exile something about me being nice to you beacuse you uploaded a photo? hahahahaha dont worry i wont see you anymore beacuse ive just hammered you with my blocking hammer, bye!

Edited by A-S warrior

my dad just got dumped (again) by the girlfriend he was ment to marry in december (she has bi polar and cant be trusted). and guess who he comes to first?..... you guessed right!.. me.

i find pepole (espeshilly family) even more confusing now!

Edited by A-S warrior

Could your Dad be on the spectrum as well? Has he read anything about autism and how it affects you? My mum is on the spectrum and whilst i was away relaxing on a retreat this past weekend, went round to my flat without my permission and put my rubbish out (even though the council haven't contacted me to say it is in the way). She also spoke with the deaf neighbour and the nasty neighbour could have overheard what she was saying. The deaf neighbour is making out the nasty one isnt doing anything wrong, but she couldn't hear the nasty 1 and told me this when i was there. if the council had rung or sent a message saying "move the rubbish by the end of the weekend or Alexis gets fined" i would have accepted her interference but it didn't need to urgently be moved. Even worse she told me trhis whilst i was trying to relax from a 2 hour drive back from my retreat.

So AS warrior i know how it feels to have interfering relatives.

Could your Dad be on the spectrum as well?

ive always suspected so, hes very quiet, set in his ways and so on. my uncle (his brother) no doubt in my mind at all. hes a classic case.