Nobody

Hello Nobody's here

How it's going ? I'm a new member and really glad to be a part of community of like-minded people.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of eleven as well as Fragile X Syndrome and ADHD, but my teachers from Kindergarten to the second grade knew I had the symptoms of Autism, and it wasn't till my Mother realized that she could make money off of me that she got me officially diagnosed.

Later in life I would be diagnosed with Paranoia Schizophrenia but I think I might also have Bipolar Disorder and be a Manic/Depressant.

So that's basically my life story and if you want to know anything else please ask me :D I wont bite :P ....

Thank you for reading ...

Hello Nobody :)

How are you feeling?

Not too bad considering that I just woken up.... I think a couple more cups of coffee will get my brain into gear :P ....

Hi and welcome :)

Hello Nobody ;)

Thank's you guys :P Lol

do you take any meds for your MH issues? schizophrenia? i think i maybe bipolar too! i also have depression since early teens maybe before than in childhood :( so can relate and empathise with you i get overly paranoid due to anxiety/obssesive thoughts i also have heard voices in the past due to panic attacks /anxiety i believe! it scary /frightening experience to go through!

XKLX

I used to take medications for my Schizophrenia but I'm concerned about my health because the medicine caused me to gain a lot of weight so I stopped taking them about a couple of years ago...

Though I had lost a lot of the "extra" weight since I stopped taking them but I'm looking for alternative medicine ... :/

I haven't been officially diagnosed with Manic/Depression yet but I do suspect that I might have it....

i was the same when put on an anti-depressant ( can't remember which one! - as been on quite a few to be honest!) side effect of weight gain effected me alot! and used to comfort/emotional eating of a night-time to make me feel 'better inside' because of my constant low mood (depression) i have like you since lost my extra weight gained and more on top! due to healthy eating and regular exercise of gym and swimming in my daily routine!

i now make sure when put on ANY medication for mental health nprmally depression/anxiety which on one currently which have been on in the past (2009) which decreases your appetite and can cause opposite weight loss which ununusal as anti-dp's meds noemally cause weight gain i'm so cautious now of trying any new meds wary i suppose as taken me such long time to lose this weight constantly panicking /worried i'll regain it all and more which people try reassure comfort me in thought of exercising like i do and eating way i do i won't but always thought at back of my head a negative voice saying i will though! which raises doubt/concern in my eyes! so glad i see weight nurse to keep a eye on my weight whether goes up and down due to meds prescribed to me!

so i know how you feel on that subject! one minute my mood sky high next minute can be crashing deep low from one extreme to next spend money quite abit etc which makes me think bi-polar not just 'classic depression' which on my NHS notes! i feekl more to it than that which caused me all the issues even my parents have picked on my change in moods rapidly too! so know it ain't just me! which glad of as thought it was! i find it hard keep myself 'balanced stable' as feel can never meet in the middle with my moods like see-saw so unpredicatable and sudden change!

XKLX

XKLX

XKLX

i was the same when put on an anti-depressant ( can't remember which one! - as been on quite a few to be honest!) side effect of weight gain effected me alot! and used to comfort/emotional eating of a night-time to make me feel 'better inside' because of my constant low mood (depression) i have like you since lost my extra weight gained and more on top! due to healthy eating and regular exercise of gym and swimming in my daily routine!

i now make sure when put on ANY medication for mental health nprmally depression/anxiety which on one currently which have been on in the past (2009) which decreases your appetite and can cause opposite weight loss which ununusal as anti-dp's meds noemally cause weight gain i'm so cautious now of trying any new meds wary i suppose as taken me such long time to lose this weight constantly panicking /worried i'll regain it all and more which people try reassure comfort me in thought of exercising like i do and eating way i do i won't but always thought at back of my head a negative voice saying i will though! which raises doubt/concern in my eyes! so glad i see weight nurse to keep a eye on my weight whether goes up and down due to meds prescribed to me!

so i know how you feel on that subject! one minute my mood sky high next minute can be crashing deep low from one extreme to next spend money quite abit etc which makes me think bi-polar not just 'classic depression' which on my NHS notes! i feekl more to it than that which caused me all the issues even my parents have picked on my change in moods rapidly too! so know it ain't just me! which glad of as thought it was! i find it hard keep myself 'balanced stable' as feel can never meet in the middle with my moods like see-saw so unpredicatable and sudden change!

XKLX

XKLX

XKLX

I remember going through that, where I ate at night just for comfort because I was living with my Mother and Step father at his mother's house, a place I hated to stay at... Eventually they got rid of me by placing me in a group home, which I later got kicked out of... :/

Has your medication ever have this side-effect to where your eyes are sensitive to sunlight or your face becomes extra sensitive ? That sort of thing always happened to me whenever I was put on new medication. I also had this weird side-effect that whenever I tried to relax my left or right leg, I got some sudden urge to kick out when I was on this anti-depressant ...

No never experienced other side effect you mentioned in your post of sunlight sensory issues !!! I did have weird/ strange side effect while being on risperdal ( risperdone) an anti - pyschotic medication had high prolactin levels so was producing breast milk as the hormone prolactin becomes high during pregnancy! So decided come off it! That's only uncommon side effect I've ever really had! Had real common side effects from medications I had in past like nausea weight gain !

Btw forgot to say when I first started posting on this didn't know you be diagnosed with before Fragile X and AS together ? I thought it one or other condition not both as fragile X you need blood test as down to your genetics! Just was puzzled and was wondering that's all not questioning it! Just interested to know why! :) hope don't mind me asking you this!

It's one of those rare genetic disorders that can cause Autism, I had blood work done that showed a mutated X Chromosome and then I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome .... I can't remember it that well actually ... :/

Hello and welcome,

Why the user name of 'Nobody'?

If you are being serious about your mum making money out of you then surely that's financial abuse?

I've had paradoxical reactions to meds in the past as well also had the overeating and dystonia type reactions from some meds. In fact medications tend to disagree with me except the nerve pain meds.

Personally I think Fragile X is underdiagnosed and unrecognised rather than rare. When I was diagnosed more than 1/2 my life ago aspergers affected 1 in 10 thousand now the figure is more like 1 in 100.

My EDS 3/HMS is supposed to be rare but happens to have about 70% prevalence for co occurring autism. Also about 10 people per week post an introduction thread on a hypermobility forum I happen to be part of and that's just the UK population.