raydon

Flying dreams and OBE

I remember when I was 5 or 6 having recurring flying dreams. They all started from my bedroom window and I could fly round the back garden or a little way down the road. Everything was very detailed and I could go round objects. The speed was always quite slow and it was hard work especially the ascent back to the window ledge, but it was great fun.

In my twenties I once had an out of body experience when I was having to make a speech, I was seriously stressed and I recall the sensation of my consciousness flying upwards and backwards so I was looking down at the back of myself. At that moment I stopped speaking mid sentence, as I sat down my consciousness returned into my body. I don't think anybody noticed apart from me stopping abruptly. It has only ever happened once, but has always intrigued me.

I recently came across this small article which goes some way to explain it.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?s=bringing+out-of-body

I remember when I was 5 or 6 having recurring flying dreams. They all started from my bedroom window and I could fly round the back garden or a little way down the road. Everything was very detailed and I could go round objects. The speed was always quite slow and it was hard work especially the ascent back to the window ledge, but it was great fun.

In my twenties I once had an out of body experience when I was having to make a speech, I was seriously stressed and I recall the sensation of my consciousness flying upwards and backwards so I was looking down at the back of myself. At that moment I stopped speaking mid sentence, as I sat down my consciousness returned into my body. I don't think anybody noticed apart from me stopping abruptly. It has only ever happened once, but has always intrigued me.

I recently came across this small article which goes some way to explain it.

http://theness.com/n...ing out-of-body

Wow!...Interesting:)

I also remember flying dreams and the red landscape, for when flying everything was as though through a red filter. Years later I had an OBE as the result of a attempted murder, yep I remember the experience well, what I heard and what I saw, but it was not a red landscape but a thick, warm darkness with voices in it coming from it, not in any direction, but the darkness itself and the voice was almost mocking but friendly that gave a sense of comfort, I remember I was quite happy in that darkness and comfortable until it went in the blink of an eye and it was the chaos of life again.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

When I'm in real danger everything around me seems to go into slow motion. It gives me time to react and avoid or at least minimise the impact. This first happened to me when I was at primary school, and has saved me many times since. I have a similar response after accidents where I go very calm and methodical, there is no sensation of pain just a very logical way to do things. It's a strange feeling because although my brain must be processing 3-4 times faster than normal there is no sense of panic.

I don't know whether this is ASD related or not.

Whenever I get stressed I often fly away in my mind and go and sit on top of a mountain or sit in a special place in my mind and simply chill. I have sat in many places I remember from gardens to bus shelters to standing on the first floor of the Eifel Tower and looking over Paris! The good thing with visualization is that you can anywhere and no one will ever know and plus you can even be creative and make up places. Just don't get lost though LOL!