Sign in to follow this  
Sa Skimrande

Star Trek......Critique

This is quite funny ;

http://youtu.be/JV15UAHTzxE

But which is your favourite Star Trek ?

Mine was the Voyage Home due to more info on the best space ship in StarTrek, the Klingon Bird of Prey, particularly the scene where it upsets a Norwegian Whale catcher.

But now my most favourite is the latest Star Trek 2009 movie because of the origin of Scotty and besides the ship looks better than later incarnations and the movie is everything Star Trek the usual stuff isn't.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

I used to like Star Trek but then StarGate SG1 and StarGate Atlantis joined the ranks of top Sci-Fi dramas and I became absorbed by them.

I can't make heads or tails of the new StarGate Universe though - it's too slow and too...well I usually get distracted by other things and I just leave it playing in the background and forget about it. Sad the series has gone that way. I think part of the problem is the story plot has got lost a little bit and the characters seem to do a lot of talking and you don't see much action any more. They could do so much more with it than what they are doing.

The movies mostly as with them each movie brings rapid jumps in technology.

But having missed it all in the past and before Google wrecked Youtube I managed to find all of Farscape, Firefly and Deep Space 9. Youtube stuffed up when I had just started on BattleStar Galactica and Babylon 5 and of course Enterprise and maybe Stargate. I have since obtained all of the BSG and watched it and a friend has Enterprise he is supposed to be passing onto me.

But when time and finds allow I hope to be purchasing Farscape and Firefly at least to start with, as Farscape was just brilliant, yeah muppets in space but so what, it works.

There was a time when the new episode of Voyager was the highlight of my week. I loved Next Generation, too, but I never got into DS9, and we didn't stay the distance with Enterprise.

We were chatting about the 2009 Star Trek movie in the pub last night where a friend was dragging up my favourite scenes on his Android and he made me realise something, what the movie did by erasing the future has created the possibilities for a new direction in Star Trek, a younger Kirk and a younger Spock with new adventures that if the writers hold to the stance the 2009 movie created proves to be a whole lot more and to quote a word popular to star trek in relation to the warp drive; engaging.

A new movie based on the 2009 model I understand is due out in March 2013, I admit, I can't wait and this one I will see at the cinema, not wait for it to be shown on tv.

But with the 2009 movie, the Enterprise was built on earth there giving the suggestion the thing can land, but later movies they are built in space suggesting they can't land, but in Voyager the thing does land, I like that idea and to me it harks back to the old 1970's Alan Dean Foster scifi novels I used to read featuring the KK drive ships based on Karl Sagan's theories amongst others that could not land until a bunch of teddy bears worked out how to do it and built a KK drive ship that could.