smileyK

keep getting shivering fits !?

I keep getting like whole body limbs shake and tremor happens when stress or anxious I read up on net can be added symptom of anxiety related physically? Like I'm cold! Its weird strange only just started occuring?!

Wow I've had that at times of intense stress too. Don't worry it goes away when the strsss eases, if it's what i had. Do you get panic attacks as well?

What you need is a white knight! Someone to come out of the darkness and be there for you. -These kinds of things only eased in my life once i met my husband. I wish i could give you what i have. Poor smileyK you're really going through it at the moment aren't you. I don't know what to suggest...but it always helps me to remember that time passes and so does the pain.

I shiver in response to extreme emotion, usually a release of pent up emotion. I did it a few months ago when I told someone something that I had been struggling with on my own for years. The resultant release had me shaking, and the more I tried to stop the harder it was to do so. I had this reacgtion as a teenager, too, as a response to family difficulties. Funnily, when I'm cold, my shivering more ressembles a neurological disorder - it's more jerky and unpredictable.

I wish this forum had a way to `like` comments because there are so many times when i wish i could show that i agree and appreciate responses without necessarily replying.....Yes Mannify...I agree...extreme emotions, whether good or bad. I believe it's just a symptom of what this poor girl's experiencing in her life right now. SmileyK do you believe in an afterlife? Have you considered talking to your grandmas as if they are beside you listening to you? Who knows....maybe they are.

Don't know off hand how many calories sorry! Prob exercising depletes eating! Just a guess! Again off hand don't know what foods! Unless keep food diary! Lol all thinking and guessing as not entirely sure! :(

I also get the shivers I've had them an awful lot lately, I'm actually sitting here shivering now, I know it's down to stress/anxiety, I'm going through a lot of these symptoms at the moment.

I get this from time to time too - it usually comes with deep inner emotional pain as if I'm crying on the inside and can't express it. My body shivers and it takes a while to shift it. I just try to occupy myself when I'm like this - it usually eases with time.

Have any of you tried meditation? I used to do zen meditation for up to 10 hrs a day...was an obsession of mine when in my mid twenties. It's great therapy. I don't recomment the 10hr bit, i became too reliant on it and found it even harder to fit into the real world during that time, but i'd really recommend it...even 5 or 10 minutes a day makes a huge difference to my anxiety levels. Not only that, but you come out of it with a much clearer understanding of your problems, and the world in general. Meditation is for the soul what sleep is for the body. That's not my quote, i heard it at a meditation class i joined back then. But i've found it to be true for me...

As far go with mediation is on the wii fit plus with yoga exercise on there! That's it for me don't interest exercise like gym/swinm/jog calm relaxes me lot! Not that I'm knocking or dissing mediation as everyone to their own what's personal to them and their lives just not right for me in mine sorry! Thanks for suggestion anyway!

I'm interested Merry in how you juggled those 10 hours of meditation with things like breakfast, lunch, dinner, going to work, studying and everything in between such as washing your hair, driving, walking, searching for the television remote, catching the bus, changing the lightbulbs, etc??

I would imagine it would be difficult to do all those things at the same time unless you have come up with a unique way of doing all those things AND meditate while you do them perhaps on a kind of auto-pilot in a kind of dual personality, or maybe even a Multi (broadband) Personality Mode (MPM)?

But tell us have you got any tips on how to integrate the various personalities so that we may be able to take full advantage of each and every one without losing control of the others? And have you found a way to avoid the resonal distortion headaches reportedly being side effects when you have multitudes of meditative MPM crowds stuck in lifts?

Spiritual progression was an obsession of mine back then. I was also more anti-social than i am now. I didn't have tv in my home. I lived alone. I didn't eat much at all, and always have a drink with me. I wouldn't intentionaly meditate for so long, i just started doing it, and before i knew it i was doing it for longer and longer each day. I would begin and then the next time i opened my eyes, 4 or 5 hrs would have passed, sometimes more. And i'd have a couple or more sessions like this throughout the day and night as i often suffer from insomnia. Only a few occasions did i actaually meditate non stop for such a long time in one session. I was used to fasting back then so lack of food was never an issue. When not meditating id be contemplating or reading.

Oh and i don't have multiple personalities. All mental health issues were ruled out by my psychiatrist and psychologist during the year and a half of appointments both at the clinic and in my own home before they put me forward for the aspergers diagnosis. Their conclusion was that i have no psychotic episodes and have no other issues apart from aspergers. So I can't help with your other questions Mike_GX101 and i hope you weren't being sarcastic.....it's hard for me to tell

Oh and one more thing...it actually isn't a unique thing to be able to meditate while doing other things. Buddhists practice this skill. And during my meditations, I was always aware....you don't lose yourself completely during zen meditation, it's about constantly bringing your attention back to the present moment. That's not to say i didn't have some amazing experiences as a result of it. But it's mainly about finding inner peace.

If you were trying to be sarcastic Mike, that's not really fair. This thread shouldn't be about me. I've been thinking of SmileyK in my daily life, trying to think of suggestions which might help with what she's going through at the moment. Even if those suggestions turn out to be of no use to her, it's surely the thought that counts...at least i've tried. I take depression very seriously. It can take lives and it could happen to any one of us. I'm sure she knows that i was only trying to help.

Edited by A-S warrior

@ merry - didn't mean to offend anyone or upset you I wouldn't not who I am! You have been real helpful to my situation I'm grateful! Amazin! I can tell by tone of voice that take having depression all time plays up!

No not you SmileyK, I thought Mike's comment might have been rude or sarcastic towards me for trying to help...I was a bit confused by it and am perhaps a little over sensitive! I'm sure he didn't mean to offend...and you certainly haven't offended me. No, not AT ALL. I had a kind of brainstorm going on to think of ways to help and looking back through things which have helped me in the past, i decided to mention meditation....but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea and wouldn't expect it to be! I'm sure most people would find it very boring and that's ok with me. :)

No - of course depression is a very serious thing and so too is any remedial action one can take including meditation. But I was just wondering how you managed to do it for 10 hours a day that was all. I have always had the belief that things are good only if they're done in moderation otherwise you run the risk of forgetting about other things in life, etc.

But if you've found a way around that and can meditate while you shop, talk and do all those other wonderful things in life simultaneously I would really love to know how you do it because the only time I can meditate is when I'm in a dark room and I have a relaxation CD on. But I couldn't do it for 10 hours straight not without serious back trouble, problems with muscles cramping up, bloodflow issues, and missing huge chunks of my life, etc. But if you've found a way to do it at the same time as doing work, etc then I can ditch the dark-room and CD routine and I can stride out into the big wide world with a big smile on my face while I meditate-on-the-go!

emmm...i'm so sorry i was over-sensitive Mike.

If you want advice about meditation i'm quite happy to give it. Maybe i'll start a new thread about it or we could correspond via private messaging because this thread wasn't originally about meditation and i don't want to upset anybody by taking it off on a different route. :)

But yes it is perfectly possible to do ANYTHING while meditating....

And as for the little itches and aches and numb areas/pins and needles you get while sitting in the same position for too long, it gets easier with time and posture is very important!