And so today I started part A of my plan to tidy my flat bearing in mind I have not tidied for three months now and it was very messy and still is until I tackle part B hopefully tomorrow and the parts are all about I have to plan to tidy my place as it is small and I have a lot of stuff to find somewhere to put, preferably not the bin, but it has gone that way before in sheer frustration at nowhere to put stuff.

But I find I have to keep on top of the mess otherwise it messes with my mind, but it is my mind it just wanders off all too often, in that I will get with the groove with a resolution and before I know it everything is back to normal, i.e. a mess, I just seem to forget and don't notice for days, weeks, months sometimes.

So mess, be that perpetually messy bedrooms, flats and homes who is going to own up to that one ?

Edited by Sa Skimrande

I'm really bad myself. My worst problem is in the kitchen, i cant seem to keep it clean. My room at my old house would of shocked you, i can't believe i brought girlfriends back there, they must of thought alot of me to put up with it.

It's something i'm determined to tackle, but for some reason, house work is impossible for me, not impossible, i just plain hate it.

Not a big fan of housework myself. I can get the house to a very high standard I can maintain it, but once th descent begins, I find it hard to pull i up agan.

don,t tempt me...........you may not like it I,d probably end up telling you off and getting you to put stuff away ..ha ha

OMG - yes, yes, yes, my room is in a perpetual state of mess. Piles of stuff here and there (in some kind of order - not). I feel somewhat comfortable as I know where everything is. I never used to be messy but as I've gotten more stuff etc, I haven't found homes for it all. Much of it is paperwork, half-finished work etc - it's no wonder I can't find anything!

My partner wants to decorate the room - guess what, I went into panic mode and meltdown.

Conversely in a work environment mess drives me nuts, mind I am clumsy (dyspraxia) with a high pain tolerance and I have always worked in metals workshops and repair workshops where there plenty of opportunity to injure oneself and I blacked out once in a repair workshop when I spragged myself on a cultivator tine, but didn't notice it till after I had found myself on the floor thinking what am I doing down here- ouch my leg hurts, when did that happen.

At work I am a complete neat freak and everything has to be in order, to the point that I've had people say I mustn't be busy as I have hardly anything on my desk. That, in turn irritates me, as I can't see why having a clean desk would make you look any less busy than someone with papers strewn all over it :/ At home I'm a little less strict with things.

I'm hygenically clean, but messy. I always have books, CDs, papers and stuff scattered around the house. If I can't see a practical point to something I won't do it, making my bed in the morning, for example - I do it before I go to bed. If I see that something needs to be done I'll do it, but I won't do do it just for the sake of routine when really it doesn't need doing.

I appear to have degraded a lot over the last few years where now a microbiologist would have a field day in my place and I never got to part B of my tidy up and now part A needs doing again as when there is so much mess it's very hard to find the right mind to attack it, but when I do this place stinks of ammonia and bleach. Because my place is small everything doubles or trebles as something else so to do anything, tidying up has to be done first and thats the problem, nowhere to put anything other than move mess from one place to another.

I can own up to a messy house. Too many other things to think about. Dad has suggested I hire a cleaner.