Sa Skimrande

Clothing tastes ?

Yeah I am a male and I like clothes, not any clothes but a certain style and fabric and I do not follow the herd in my tastes one little bit

Of styles, I like renaissance fashions which sort of happens in the older gothic style and of fabrics, I do not get on with anything dry and scratchy and so my wardrobe is full of silk, crushed velvet, leather and lace, and I aspire to what is called ren goth which borders on the new style of steam punk.

And this coming year I will be seeing tuition in dress making as I intend to make my own clothes, bearing in mind what I like is hard to get and it just so happens a relative wishes to learn photography and so I will be trading skills.

A craft fair I manned last year someone described my style as 'Harry Potter' like and I agree, as those movies got their costuming right.

But I noticed something, I have been slobbing out most of the year not wearing my stuff and not getting dressed up to go out, but when I did recently, I noticed a complete change of mood, so I understand I have to get back into what I used to like to wear as it is therapeutic.

But, what's your style and, what do you like in clothing ?

That's really interesting how you've identified that your clothing can change your mood.

I'm happy just to have comfortable clothes on. I don't like scratchy fabric, or wools etc. I prefer things to be cool, and can't wear long sleeve tops. Any cardigans I have are either 3/4 sleeve or short sleeve. I've started being able to wear zip up hoodies more comfortably recently and I've come to realise I didn't like those with tight arms on them. I prefer those with a bit of a gap between your arm and the material.

I'm all for comfortable, so it's trousers and a nice top at work and jeans / combats and a nice top when I'm not in work. I don't wear heels as I'm useless at walking in them and my feet are insanely painful anyway most of the time.

I'm boring... that's the word I'm looking for! ;)

My arms are too big for topman tshirts and my waist is too small for my leg girth. Very difficult for me to get clothes to fit comfortably. Usually, my jeans don't fit my ass, but there tight on the leg, and my tshirts fit tight on the arms, even regular fitting ones, there's no way i can wear slim fit shirts now.

I like no fear, and ripcurl t shirts, as they fit comfortably with room on the arm. and i go a size up in my jeans, and get a belt.

because of my sensory problems trousers have to be the coloured trousers and not jeans. Jeans make me itch. I do not like tunic type rough clothing. I like wool and I like soft smooth jumpers. I like blouses, leggings but not tights they make me itch. I like wearing skirts too. I prefer to wear blues, greens, purples and occasionally pinks, blacks in clothes

I struggle finding comfortable underwear. Underwired bras are hell. All clothing irritates me. The only time i feel comfortable and not itchy is when i'm naked in bed....but it still takes me ages to get comfortable. During the day, i mostly wear pyjamas if i'm not going anywhere and can get away with it. If i have to go out, comfort is the only thing i'm concerned about when deciding what to wear! I used to make my mum furious as a child for refusing to wear jeans or anything that was tight and fashionable. She got my ears pierced when i was 9 but she could never get me to wear earrings. My family really just wanted me to be like other kids. Oh and throughout my teens i wouldn't wear anything that wasn't purple, including underwear but i'm not sure why.

Edited by Merry

Jeans, T-shirt, fleece. I feel the cold a lot and like warm, loose fitting clothing. I don't like synthetic clothing and wool makes me itch, In fact, all clothing can make me itch, but wool is a lot worse. I like practical, comfortable clothing and don't ever wear high heels or skirts. Fashion doesn't interest me at all.

Depends on my mood. Usually I'm happy to slob around in jeans/tee-shirt and either a velvety type jacket for the autumn or lambswool jumpers for the winter. And for work, it's a shirt and tie/suit job.

I don't go with fashion. I'm not a teenager. And perhaps I'm too old to wear Converse shoes/trainers. But I don't "do" trainers, so its either Converse or shoes. I generally go with what I'm comfortable with. If I'm slobbing it doing photography etc, I wear converse but if I'm going shopping with the family (or such like) I wear shoes.

I dress to suit my mood. If I'm going through periods of depression, then generally I don't care what I look like and I probably come across as a scruffy git who should know better at my age. But if I'm not depressed, then I take pride in my appearance and can even make myself look smart in jeans etc