smileyK

still badly restless/irritable

Can't work out why have lingering awful horrid spells of feeling massively restless aswell as irritable spells! Not nice experience at all! Don't like way makes me feel whatsoever! It yukky totally! Wipes me out and drains me emotionally! ;(

What have you done differently over the time that you feel yukky? Is there anything new in your house that may make you feel uncomfortable etc...?

I'm trying my best to ignore and get used to the new bulb that I have in the living room (it is really annoying me as it is leaving a half crescent shadow over the telly - my other half doesn't seem effected in anyway, but I can't stop looking at it as the room has been fully lit for the past ten years!).

What techniques have you used in the past to chill-out/ relax?

I have used every relaxation technique in the calm book but nothing 'touches me' right now been for a swim did 50 lengths to try get 'rid' of excess energy yet have no energy hard /difficult to fully explain! I feel yukky in 'my own skin'!

Have you tried going gluten and dairy free?

Have you tried going gluten and dairy free?

Unless one is properly diagnosed gluten and/or lactose intolerant by someone who is medically qualified, that is a very bad idea.

I can see where you are coming from, however there is nothing wrong with people trying different things out in their diets on a temporary basis to see what works and what doesn't.

She could ask the doctor for advice to see if it would do any harm to go gluten or lactose free for a certain period of time even if to eliminate that factor if it really was a worry.

Edited by matzoball

Unless one is properly diagnosed gluten and/or lactose intolerant by someone who is medically qualified, that is a very bad idea.

It is known that peoples behaviour have improved going Gluten free and dairy free.

Considering the choices were have a 3rd breakdown or go gluten and dairy free I feel I made the right decision. Also 8 years after I am still alive and well in fact much better than I was before and can now have occasional dairy. My signature clearly states what my final paper was about. p// Just to be clear dairy free is different to lactose free, some lactose free people can have animal milks apart from cows. I was off all animal milk.

Edited by trekster

I dont normally agree with diet changes however changes in mood or behaviour are often linked to diet. So it is worth suggesting it is a gradual process thou,as I am sure Trekster will agree,you cannot cut everything out overnight.

Also I know it may be embarrassing but it could be constipation the feelings you describe are common in people who have constipation.

Theres a 10 week program where you cut out all animal dairy 1st then a few weeks later you cut out gluten and msg and aspartame. Also does wonders for my constipation.

Edited by trekster