sigmund

Are people with Aspergers evil or are they just perceived that way.

Nobody is evil. Those evil traits found in some people are due to childhood traumas and/or lack of love which cause personality disorders. Much more could be done to prevent children developing histrionic, narcissistic and anti-social traits, but modern neurotypical societies rely on them in business, politics, military, policing, etc.

Aspies are far less likely than NT people to harm others, but if they have a co-existing personality disorder (as very many NT people do) this makes them just as likely as NT's to become mass murderers, etc. What is so wrong is the media are too eager to latch on to the Asperger connection, when in reality it's barely relevant.

Nobody is evil. Those evil traits found in some people are due to childhood traumas and/or lack of love which cause personality disorders. Much more could be done to prevent children developing histrionic, narcissistic and anti-social traits, but modern neurotypical societies rely on them in business, politics, military, policing, etc.

Aspies are far less likely than NT people to harm others, but if they have a co-existing personality disorder (as very many NT people do) this makes them just as likely as NT's to become mass murderers, etc. What is so wrong is the media are too eager to latch on to the Asperger connection, when in reality it's barely relevant.

agreed

I'm convinced that the media has it in for people with AS in a similar way that the media has it in for Muslims.

This, of course, is a media that is dependent on technology that Aspies probably made a big contribution to creating!

Whoever said we are evil wants to use us as a scapegoat. Remember how M and I discussed it? Not many care workers can be trusted. It all comes down to procedure. Having a different outlook on the world is not our fault and we are perfectly normal.

They want to order us around and act like we are below others and need the help, but that is wrong.

The media cannot survive without there being at least one collective group of people who are the bogeymen of society. For decades on end large sections of the media were fuelled by communism which they portrayed as the enemy of society with all the reds under the bed propaganda. Since 9/11 Islam and the Muslims have become the new enemy for journalists to spit fire and brimstone at but they also take a swipe at other groups who aren't quite in tune with the assumed mainstream way of thinking and doing, such as people with AS.

Like my buddy on Psych Central says, we are all perfectly normal, but the organizations that are full of ignorance don't think so. We should rise above all that nonsense.

The news is biased towards a particular agenda. You can read the same story in different contexts in different news papers.

I prefer to read science daily because that has some reference to proper scientific papers which say something worth reading.

I used to feel bipolar people were unsafe but you have to look into it that with that and autism, it affects us differently

Well said gold md

That is unkind. We are not evil we are beautiful. The people who say that are sick in their heads. I want to kill myself then because it makes me feel worthless.

Please consult medical help like the samaritans for feeling so low.

Why is it that in the news anything bad that happens the perpetrator has Aspergers? Another case today in the media. Are people with Aspergers evil?

I think thats a misleading inaccurate implication. As relevant as are people with size 9 feet or black hair evil?

Its important to try and focus on the positives in life

I think most evil comes from another minority group, sociopaths, who are expert at diverting attention away from themselves onto other minorities, so they can get on with grabbing all the power and money they can get their hands on.

Well said confused traveller.

According to Tony attwoods book complete guide to asperger syndrome, autistic malice is rare but does happen.

Our behaviour can be mistaken for malice but that doesn't mean we are malicious.