Sign in to follow this  
karin

something lovely has happened

hi all just love to tell you a nice story for a change about 2months ago i got in touch with a local charity who agreed to put the twins on their register although they only have traits of aspergers/adhd bout a month ago i phoned them about summer playschemes the lady there invited us to a day out on wednesday just past my 3 boys were invited it was a lovely day drinks/ice cream free we had footy (twins loved this) archery,wall climbing etc and they paid for our taxi there and back it was a wonderful day.then i get a call from her again to say the boys could go to a playscheme near us 6 times in the next 3 weeks hours 10amtill3pm if i could pay one pound per boy they would fund the rest it is so lovely to know there are people out there willing to help me,this forum was my saviour (before i joined it i had really bad depression thinking the world hated me and my twins as no-one was willing to help me) now i know better.Nellie is my guardian angel with all her fantastic advice,Kris & elefan is archangel for setting this website up,but the 3 ladies involved in helping me locally have been fantastic i cant thank them enough.how do i repay 2 of them who run the charity bout 20miles from where i live any ideas? keep smilin luv karin xx :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Karin,

Brilliant news :thumbs::thumbs: I am so pleased for you.

This forum has helped me so much too.

The great thing on here is that we're all going through things together. You know you can ask things on here and not feel stupid. When you're feeling down, there's always people to help pick you back up again.

I love it :D

Annie

XX

wow how great for you. we have nothing here for our son, ive been trying to find playschemes in our area but have found nothing. were in west mids anyone have any ideas? :wub:

Guest flutter

i am really pleased for you

hope they have great fun >:D<<'> :thumbs:

a home made card and small keepsake gift,

but i bet just seeing how hapyy you all are will be enough to say thanx

The charity sounds truly wonderful.In our area,there are playschemes but lots of people fighting tooth and nail for the same places.

I expect that the charity are always looking for fundraising ideas to allwo their work to continue.xx

hi all thanks for the lovely e-mails will certainly send them a home-made cards let the boys make their own will also by my own cards and a little keepsake,will most certainly phone them after summer and volunteer for something to help them least i can do after all the help they have given keep smilin luv karin xx :D:D:D:D:D:D

I agree, a hand made present from the children is the most personal gift you could give. A worker from our local respite home fixed my dd's computer last week and I found a PECs style picture of a computer, edited it in Paint so it said 'thank you for fixing my computer' on the screen and I let her colour it in. He really appreciated it and showed it around to his colleagues, he was really chuffed with it B)