Sign in to follow this  
something_different

Parachute Jump

I am doung a parachute Jump this Sunday!

For the Princess Royal Maternity Appeal to raise money to buy equipment for premature babies

I hope the weather is good and i get to jump

Ohhh how exciting!

Getting a wee bit nervous about it now tho.

Wish me luck!

I am going to stay in a hotel on Sat night, basically coz we all felt like a wee treat and wanted to make a nice weekend out of the parachute jump.

I have managed to raise about �400 so far so am quite pleased with that

ooh just been reading the question and answer section of the website

how fab does this sound?

Q: How fast do you fall?

A: You fall pretty fast when in freefall.

After exiting the aircraft gravity starts to accelerate your body towards the ground and it takes about 12 seconds to reach a maximum speed of around 175 ft per second which is roughly 120 mph.

Once you have reached this terminal velocity your body will continue to fall at this rate, falling 1000 ft roughly every 5.5 seconds.

If you exit the aircraft on a tandem jump at 10000 ft where the parachute is opened at 5000ft you will be in freefall for about 34 seconds.

Oh my god, sounds horrific. You are so brave well done for even thinking about it let alone doing it. Not my idea of fun at all. I get dizzy stepping off the pavement.

Excuse me while I :sick:

:o Are you mad!!!!....................I,d pay the bu**ers �400 not to do it!.............I,m in serious admiration of you :notworthy: , well done for raising all that money, hope the weather stays good for you all the best :thumbs:

Enjoy it, pretty peaceful and quiet at 8,000ft whilst in freefall (discounting the wind rushing past your ears of course ;-)).

Hi something different

Not been on much lately as on overtime etc.........sorry.

YOU LUCKY.....BLANK..... B)B)B):thumbs::dance::dance:

Im really...... :tearful: now wish I was going with you, it's what ive always wanted to do since I was 14 to experience seeing the world from up above. Im a bit over the weight limit for a tandem fall at the moment but hoping to sort that problem out and see what to do about either paying for it myself or raising funds for charity...... :unsure: I know I will do it because never forgive myself If I dont do it, if I was at the right weight now and had the money id really come with you. The only reason with a tandem is I dont like heights but this is my dream so if I did happen to feel faint then at least I got someone with me to talk it through. Im so proud of you raising money for charity good for you in the amount you have raised............. :clap::clap: Do let us know how it went as I know I can get it recorded for an extra cost, I have all the information of what barracks to go to so its the weight that has to come off so that's my goal. I think the tandem im supposed to be doing when I book is 10,000 or 15,000 feet.......... :unsure:

All the best for sunday have fun and enjoy the experience of a lifetime and im sure you will be fine on sunday so dont get nervous.

All the best

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

Thank You everyone

I will let you all know how i get on

Rather you than me... but enjoy...

Raise lots of money, have lots of fun, and happy landings.

If it's windy tomorrow, eat something heavy for breakfast. if you can't face eating it, tie it round your waist. Don't want to hear you've drifted across into French waters (but if you do, bring me back some duty frees!)

L&P

BD :D

Thanx everyone

LOL baddad