Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Play dough in carpet HELP !!

Anyone know how to get dried on play dough out of a carpet ? :tearful: Just been sorting my sons room and he's managed to smudge what looks like a full tub of play dough into his carpet before covering it with his toy box so it has dried hard onto the carpet :angry:

Sorry wrong section :oops:

Edited by lil_me

I'm about to borrow my friend's steam cleaner to get the fruit "Winder" out of the carpet - so see if anyone you know will let you borrow!

I found that once it had dried properly, I could "scratch" it out with a blunt knife -but that was generally lots of little bits, not one large bit.

Karen

Think I'll try the scratching then the fairy and water

I own a Vax but my lovely sister is forever borrowing it so I never see the thing tbh :wallbash: Might have to go and pinch it back this week depending on success of the other 2 ideas, cheers peeps I'll let you know how I get on

Fruit winders are a nightmare, had them stuck to the car seats before, hot water (wearing gloves of course) did the trick with plenty of scrubbing

Edited by lil_me

hammar, then soak, but no fairy as it will leave a soapy residue that will later attract dirt to that area - 1001 carpet cleaner!!! It does what it says and has revived my carpet for 10 years.

Try warm white vinegar, sprayed on - then scrape off, and reapply, finish by blotting with kitchen towel. Kim and Agie did this last week for plasticine on 'How clean is your house'!