Sign in to follow this  
linss

aggressive outbursts

hi everyone, i found this forum the other night and found it such a comfort -so here i am posting my first message. My son is six almost seven and he's been recently diagnosed with aspergers and adhd. He goes to a mainstream school and the main problems we face at school are his refusal to do anything that he thinks has no interest to him, and also have constant problems with him hurting other kids. i wanted to know whether anyone else experiences this. So much of what i read about aspergers says the children are nervous of other kids but my son constantly seeks friendships , he just can't maintain them. Please help :unsure:

Hi Lins,

Welcome to the forum >:D<<'>

My son is now 16, but sounds so much like your son when he was younger. He also has a diagnosis of Asperger's and ADHD.

I don't know if you've already seen this post, it was started a couple of weeks ago about another forum member's son who has been doing the same kind of thing in the playground.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=3788

Sorry, it would help if I put the link in :oops:

Hope this helps.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Edited by annie

Hi Lins, im afraid cant give u any advice as going through exactly the same with my 5 year old at mo going to speak to teachers about it tomorrow big hugs >:D<<'>

this sounds so soft but i've just started blubbing :crying: just to know i'm not the only one going through this is such a comfort , it feels so isolating at times being different. thanks for your replies :)

Hi Linss,

You're definately not alone on this >:D<<'> .

If you need any info or just need to get things off your chest, just do it, everybody on here is really friendly and supportive.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Hi Linss sounds alot like my little one ASD age 4 he does want to play and make friends I think he just doesn't realise hitting,smaking them etc...... Isn't the way to make and keep friends

:unsure:

Lisa

Hi and welcome, >:D<<'>

I am not too sure what I could advice I had this with my son but things are better at the moment but I am not sure if it is because of training and consistency or because he is maturing anyway.

Here a link which I found excellent try to go through it right to the end it may give you some idea. hopefully

Good luck. :bat:

Malika.

http://www.cesa7.k12.wi.us/sped/autism/asper/asper11.html

Hi Linss, the problems you mention are all to common in ASD, my son is having problems at school along these lines, try to talk to the head, suggest you work together on this. There are groups (such as the autism team), that can give the school stratergies to help your son cope. What you need is a school that understands,I have had to make a point of ensuring my sons school do. If you need more help , post up , the members on hear are great. Phasmid in particular is great on educational issues, take care >:D<<'> Suzex.

Hi, yes i sounds like my 9 year old son, he just talks to someone and their 'friends' :oops: untill the next day or play time.His school have come up with an idea to try and help,he is a befriender.If he see's someone on their own he has to go over and talk to them B) .We don't know if this has helped yet,but knowing him he want even notice on their own :rolleyes: .I. hope it helps tim will tell. One thing i do know is that the support here helps :thumbs:

Mel x