Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

A page from my diary!

..The final statement arrived today- the wording has been changed to 'will be provided with' and I have got a meeting to discuss his IEP . He is being well supported and apart from minor hiccups, things are going well. The headmaster is at the school gate every day, the senco phones me every week to check there are no problems and the teacher is very savvy about autism. So the school is a good one, and D is happy and coping well. I can't moan really, and I think I have got the best statement possible.I sent the photocopy off to IPSEA, just to be sure, enough is enough, and for my own sanity, I just want to draw a close. I feel like I've aged ten years since February when they refused the assessment!

I took D to school, and realised on the way , that I'd left his swimming stuff behind, so I went back, was ten minutes late, and missed seeing his friends mum, who was having him back for tea.

Next, was my little girl's ADHD assessment. Her dad said he wouldn't come because he had a busy day, so I was just about to fetch her from school, when he drove up in his van. I thought he'd changed his mind about coming, but he'd left his tools behind, and whizzed off without stopping.

Her class teacher wrote a very good letter with all her prob's in, and I'd left it behind so I had to go back home for it.

When we got to the hospital, the carpark was full, so I had to drive around for a while until I found a place. We had an hour wait for the appointment, because the consultant was called away for a meeting. Little girl was chatting to anyone who would say a word to her, then she jumped up and knocked a light covering off the wall in the playhouse, and took me a few minutes to fit it back on. All the while, the receptionist was saying "if it doesn't go back on, I'll have to call someone to sort it out" STRESS.

They managed to find a Dr to fit us in( bearing in mind the connor's scale was filled in in April and was meant to be a 4 month wait which I had to call them to find out what was going on) she was dx with ADHD and I was asked about putting her on ritalin. I said I thought she was too young at 5, and wouldn't rule it out in the future, but I would like to just know what I was dealing with ATM.

The Dr said that as her brother has ASD, that they would monitor her for Asperger's, because of her poor social skills and refer her to CAMHS.

Took her back to skool, and then picked up DLA forms.

Was roadraged on the skool run, by a horribul aggressive woman in a BMW, I had to reverse even though she could have waited while I drove past her.

Went to check with D's friend's mum that she was still ok to have him after skool.

Had a cry.

Told her dad when he got home what had happened.

Picked up D, cooked dinner when I got back.

Sorry this is so long, have had a curry and a bottle of wine while I type it.

My little girl is going to have the best I can give her, so is her big bruv.

Their dad has just said that he will leave all the decisions up to me cos I usually get it right.

Probably my longest post ever!!

S

xxx

Well done Sallyanne, give yourself a pat on the back along with the red wine and curry: you deserve it after such a day. :clap:

Your son's school sounds like utopia: hope things continue to go well and hope it works out for your daughter too.

K

Can,t believe how similar our lives are..........we all must live in a paralell universe type thingy. It,s great to share things like this, it helps to know were not alone. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ..................bet your glad it,s the weekend :dance: .

I love it when people share their lives like this. Please make time to do something just for you as soon as you can, Sallya.

My pet hate is breaking my neck getting to hospital appointments on time and then waiting an hour. GGGGRrrrrrrr.

Return of the drunkhead.

Meant to say that I am relieved to get some answers about my little girl at last. Not the horrible feeling you get, when you are told that it's ASD.

Her dad is not taking it so well, he can't beleive we've got two with problems, so I will try and get him some help from CAMHS. The psychologist there is lovely, and can probably explain how to handle her better than me.

Thanks for letting me blab on here, haven't felt able to post much lately, just too worn out.

S

xxx

Sallya,

You're a great mum >:D<<'>

It takes a special person to take on all of the challenges that we have to face for our children's sakes, but we all do it without thinking twice about it. It can take over our lives and it can get us down. But somehow we always manage to find the strength to keep going, even when things get tough.

Thanks for sharing.

:wine: cheers to all the great mums (with the official drink of the forum). ;)

Annie

>:D<<'>