Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

are we only

Hi

People talk about lots of things - you'll find lots of non-ASD stuff on the forum.

Perhaps we could persuade Kris to set up another forum category for 'Other topics - non-ASD, so as to help keep things easy to find?

Elanor

My son often looks in on this forum ,but then asks " Do these people ever talk about anything other than ASD!"

I think a non ASD part could be good.

No offence meant by my son I'm sure. :oops:

Right, all stamp your feet very loudly and shout "KRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"!!!

As far as 'other topics' goes, just whack whatever you fancy (clean of course!) in general discussion. We regularly have threads running on 'stuff' like music, books, likes and dislikes - whatever takes yer fancy - and of course the batcave goes off into territories that defy ANY sort of description!

Now, the reason I told you to stamp and shout is 'cos Kris was a while ago going to look into the option of a 'chat room' which has all gone a bit quiet. I suspect the reason might be that the forum suffered a few 'downs' at around the time the idea was raised, and maybe we're pushing the sites resources as is, but that's only guessing...

L&P

BD :)

On other ASD Groups the rule is to pre-fix your subject header with the letters OT (Off Topic) then everyone knows that it is not an ASD topic and can read if they wish.

Hope this helps?

Carole

I think maybe a separate board for other topics would be a great idea. I think as we all get to know each other it's natural to want to talk about other things. Those who just want to come on the forum for a general chat or a laugh would know exactly where to go if there was a separate place, and "off topics" wouldn't clutter up the boards for those who come here looking for specific information. I don't want to talk about ASD 24 hours a day, but even when I'm talking about something else, it's nice to know I'm in the company of those who understand my situation.

I don't want to talk about ASD 24 hours a day, but even when I'm talking about something else, it's nice to know I'm in the company of those who understand my situation.

I know exactly what you mean.

Please Please KRISSSSSSSSSSS

Can we have a CHAT ROOM .....

Oh pretty pretty please, with a cherry on top, icing as well and choccie topping .....

HHxx