Sign in to follow this  
nikrix

Concerned about Anxieties

Was just wandering if any one has problems with their kids getting anxious and making themself ill? My daugher quite often has problems at school, does not tell me about it (she does have a problem expressing herself) and then has stomach problems its getting a bit worrying. I am off to see her doctor about it in 2 weeks.

nikrix

Hi Nikrix

My son suffers with stomach pains and puts this down to 'trapped wind'.

This usually happens when he is anxious about something and if people are looking at him in shops etc.

I think that nervous scared tummy is quite usual but I am sure others will come along and post

HelenL

Hi Nikrix,

Anxiety and school go together often with ASD children.

You say that your daughter has problems at school. Are the problems caused because they are not meeting her needs? I would have a work with your daughter's teacher to see if you can find out exactly why the problems are occuring, that is if you don't already know.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Thanks for your replys. It is usally unforseen things such as change in the routine, not being able to cope with a situation. Its not just stomach craps she is having, she will be sick and is on and off the loo too put it bluntly.

Thanks again nikrix x

anxiety is the major problem for our children in school

talk to your GP - if anxiety is making a child ill it needs dealing with and your GP may write a letter supporting this.

an anxiety management plan - listing things she finds stressful in school and strategies for helping her cope with those things might be helpful.

the school won't know about these as they are very new so you'll need to talk to the senco and make one up with her - I'm in the process of designing one with our advisor at the moment.

Zemanski

Edited by Zemanski

My son has a major anxiety problem,just like me! He has had a history of stomach complaints since he was very young.We are just waiting for the results of a test to confirm a gluten intolerance (just like me). He also has a history of feeling and being sick all the time. He has a fixation at the moment of being frightened to go anywhere in case he needs the loo,and there isn't one available. Just going to school in the morning involves about 5 trips upstairs before actually going out the door.(we only live across the road from school). It is all quite worrying when it's your own kids.

I suffer from aspergers and I have a long history of stomach problems going back from when I was sixteen.I am now 36!Basically it is as someone else said trapped wind but comes on when I have been anxious about something.It often comes on if i have been out having a meal in a social situation or even if I have been over someone else's for tea, or just if I have had an anxious day.I have been on several occasions to the doctors and he said basically I have a jumping bowel caused by anxiety which i now know to be aspergers, although I didn't at the time.I have tried every wind tablet over the counter none of which worked.I was also told to take an orange malt drink thing which i have forgotten the name of.It didn't work.Normally my pain comes on at night and lasts throughout the night.I have at last found a solution I take two stong pain killers which are co-codamel and parocetemal mixed.I was actually prescribed this on prescription for a tooth abscess but they do work after about an hour.I'm down to the last couple don't know if any more are going to be prescribed because i am undiagnosed with aspergers as well.I once had the pain for about four days non- stop before I realised these would work.The pain is absolutely excrutiating.I hope this helps. :

nikrix,

My eldest son, now 27, has suffered from stress related sickness since he was six years old. I only recently discovered ( thanks to Carole ) that this is CVS, Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. It might be worth checking it out.

http://www.cvsa.org.uk/

He has got better with age and increased support. Last year he only had one episode.

Nellie xx