Sign in to follow this  
treetree

having assesment tom

:wub: having my daughter assessed tomorrow at school and then assessed at home on thursday does anyone know what happens Ihave to go to the child development a week omn thursday to get results and possibly a diagnosis alicia is five years old thanks

Wow! A week is good!! :D

My son was assessed on the 20th Oct and I still an't had the results! Tried pjoning but they aren't there today, I want my appointment!!! :angry:

He was assessed in school for 3hrs and the lady went in and basically sat and observed. She got chatting to his teacher and LSA too so got some info from them also. He is not being assessed at home.

Looks like we may both egt our results at the same time. I was told I have to wait a month but hoping they'll get me in sooner if I can ever get hold of the right person! LOL

All the best. The waiting is HARD!! The first few days were hell but thankfully with half term, it an't been that bad since!!

Hope you get the answers you are waiting for! >:D<<'>

long story on how she has got this far so quick to cut it short was referred in april to child assess ment was told that they thought she had aspergus and pdla and was putting her on the waiting list for thurs morning assesments waiting time two years !!! tthen the six week holidays arrived and basically she was an absolute blomming nightmare i ended up phoning the health visitor crying my eyes out telling her i couldnt cope anymore as she was getting more and more dangerous excuse my spelling ,punt not very good at that :lol: but anyway htey referred me again same outcome only been referred to cheetam house for them to send letter to say that just because she had hit 5yrs they should of done more with her instead of passing her on so now this two year waiting list has now become a six weeks so trying to get my head round that as wellas been told by the lady who phoned me to bring someone with me when i go a week on thurs as they more than likly to give me diagnosis and its a lot to take in so for the past two weeks ive been sat watching and observing what she has been doing and how she does things :devil::devil: her teacher asked me what they would be doing i havent got a clue i replied so tomorrow should find out abit more of her teacher who thankgod is with me 100% teresa :party:

Good luck for tomorrow.

It is always good to have someone with you at these appointments, just to ensure you both hear the same thing.

Hope it goes well.

Clarkie

thanks very nervouse today will find out more from her school teacher later she says shes just as nervouse good thing tho alicias on one so hopefully they will see for them selves just dont want them to think im some over reactive mother you know what i mean will let you know more later thanks :wallbash:

>:D<<'> to both of you, it's so hard waiting for results and a diagnosis.

Take care of yourselves when you do get them too as it can be a particularly difficult time emotionally even if you hear what you were expecting to iykwim.

well up date now they went up to school and spoke to her teacher ,she said they stayed 45 mins and they talked to alicia and spoke to her and said they dindt think she fit in to the autistic catagory but she does need support and that they would have to read up on their notes and speak to me apparently they asked her to get some paper and crayons so she could draw them a picture and alicia just looked blankly at them and saiafter a while that she wasnt allowed and wouldnt get it so mrs moran said its okay you can get some and the woman commented on how strange it was that she wouldnt do it now im even more confused so dont know what to expect thur s :angry::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

:tearful: well they are coming to my house today ive woke up my hearts in my mouth beating ten to the dozen ive got an itchy foot i think its my nerves i just hope they listen to me and except that what im telling them is how my daughter is and has been for the past 5 yrs ,my husband bless him knows how stressed i am and has booked us a holiday for the week after i get the results least ive got somthing to look forward to :lol: now all ive got to do is keep telling alicia we going away and that s going to be fun all the changes :wallbash::lol: worth it in the end let you know more dinnertime fingers crossed for me thanks for listning teresa :clap: thats suppose to be pray

Thinking of you today treetree.

Lucky for you things are happening so quick. My son M is five also and we are still waiting to be referred since seeing CAMHS in July. I too was desperate in the six weeks hols and phoned them up and gave them a 15 min taster of what my life had been like for the past 6 weeks whilst she decided what to do. She agreed I was desperate but even though the referral has gone off it is now down to the school nurse to supply details from the school etc and we have to meet with her next week. this is before we even get anywhere near a appointment. i wish M was being assessed this week.

Good Luck >:D<<'>

Let us know how it goes.

well they came my heart was bumping nervouse as hell and they were great one lady stayed and played with alicia whilst the other ladyspoke to me in the kitchen she went through the questionair i had to fill in from birth to present and said to me i had a lot to deal with and yes there was problemsi told her i had been on this forum and i should just give her the link because evreything on here describes alicia to a tea but also what i had done the other night and why i didnt think about it before was to record alicia lining up all her misters and moving from room to room to having a reaction to some one knocking them over to what she did and how she reacted and my advice to anyone is to do this as it shows them in a diffrent light to what they might see for 45 mins to an hour the woman who was watching alicia said it was amazing as to what she had seen whilst playing with her was totally diffrewnt to what she had just seen,They also asked me to see what her reaction would be to turning the tv off and she got angry and told them to turn it back on they dropped somthing loud to see what she did with the noises as she covers her ears ,now im totatally relax and feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders but they said there was somthing not right and they will let me know next week with the results and to take someone with me as its a lot to take in so well see what happens tere :clap::dance::devil::devil:B):D:P:wallbash: sa

Hon, you've done great getting this far! Not long now although i bet the wait will be agonising. It really is a weight off your mind when people start to listen and see for themselves things aren't right.

Well done!!

And lucky you, a holiday? anywhere exotic?

Hope you have a relaxing time, you so deserve it!

Love Kirstie. :wub:

well we go to day at 2 o clock and i find out what ive been waiting to here for the past 5 years im not as nervouse as i was last week as i have got all the packing to do as we go tomorrow for 2 weeks sheer heaven carnt wait perhaps im feeling like this as ive or should i say all of us have somthing to look forward to i just hope they have some answers for us and i hope the recording i did helps them to understand so will let you all know later thanks for all your support im really grateful and have found :robbie::robbie:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> tons of info on here from you all teresa

well we went sat there for 2 hours and they gave me nothing just that she was a very paticular little girl and that they would have to assess her further they mention adah i think thats what you call it but they wasnt sure so im still no further into finding anything out they told me they hadnt had time to sit and watch the recording i had done for them which i feel was really important and thought with today theywould have looked they only had one sheet of paper to which i had wrote down but i had given them a diary as to what alicia had been doing for the past 6 months and they didnt even have that so at the moment i dont know what to feel except ive got so much to do before tom so at least i will be abe to relax on hol and chill out a bit teresa :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::angry::angry::angry::angry: