Sign in to follow this  
nvapid

the ep prelim report came back

I am obviously a neurotic overbearing mother and all of B's stress is from "tenisions" with his sister and from me. He is also worried of how a diagnosis of AS will have negative conotations in his secondary school.

the misogynist, ignorant, narcissistic DELETED!

never mind the two hour long conversation and the 10 pages of written notes given to him before hand that proves the years of neglect by the school to even teach him - and how we were forced to go get a diagnosis! NOPE! It's all my fault. :(

I should really have been prepared for this - I knew hew was a XXXXX the moment he started pontificating - but it still goes hard. He in effect wrote a warning to the LEA and the next school about how difficult it will be to deal with us. Negative conotations about his diagdosis my ar*e! He just made some very big problems for us...

Oh nvapid - you must be absolutely furious

sending lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

and a couple of :fight::fight: his way.

What is wrong with these so called "experts" they need a good :wallbash:.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I :pray: that things improve for you.

Thinking of you both.

Supersec

xxxxx

He is also worried of how a diagnosis of AS will have negative conotations in his secondary school.

So what does he intend to do then, have the dx removed? Well, tough! He can't, unless of course he is better medically qualified than the practioner who made the DX. Pound to a penny he isn't. Which means that they have to acknowledge, and act upon, the dx.

It never b****y ends does it? :(

nvapid, zemanski is right, you must get on to IPSEA asap.

I find this shift of blame on to the parents really frightening. I can see it insideuously creeping in to my own situation and I know it can make you feel like the only sane person in the asylum. We are classified as over anxious and all sorts of other horrible labels, and all the while we are seeing our children's needs being ignored, which then makes us react in a way which appears to confirm the unjust, unfair and downright nasty labels these 'experts' are pasting us with.

It is really hard to remain level headed and dignified in the face of so much but if we don't then we really are in trouble.

Be strong and don't give up nvapid >:D<<'>

Lauren

nvapid what a complete and utter a**e this person is. Unfortunately E.P's opinions at schools(my children's schools anyway) seem to carry more weight than the medical experts :angry: On my son's original E.P. report it said " I feel **** is a rather negative person like his mother" :wacko: This person has now thankfully retired but the replacements have obviously gone through the same sort of wonderful training. I never in the past thought it would be possible for me to dislike so many people.

Where do these people get off analysing and summing up OUR lives within the space of one meeting!

It makes my blood boil - talk about preconceptions.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Nvapid, I'm sorry you've had to put up with this nonsense.

Stay strong.

Barefoot

Someone who also went through this told my DH:

He said the personal comments are a good sign because it means they're running scared and starting to fight dirty !

Fighting dirty... :wallbash: don't they know this is about a 10 year old boy not a whoes d*ck is bigger contest?

I'd have loved to talk to IPSEA if only i could get them on the phone! :wallbash: So, I have written a responce to highlight what we felt was left out by the EP's report being VERY careful not to be insulting.

In Response to the EP consultation held on DATE:

Despite repeated requests, we never received a copy of �Educational Psychologists in COUNTYshire� as specified on the EP visit request form.

We feel that the report left significant holes avoiding certain parts of our discussion with the EP.

1. The EP cited Ms.X's report DATE.00, which shows B to be of high ability, but does not go into the significant differences between this ability and his actual achievement in class which was consistently lower for 5 years post that report.

2. The EP?s current assessment shows B to be again working at a higher level, but does not include our informing him that we as parents had to support and provide B at home, after school everyday and during the summer holidays, with extra tuition to bring his education up to where it should be as the school openly stated that it felt it could not teach B until his behavioural problems were under control.

3. The support now offered to B as outlined by the EP was only achieved through providing external diagnosis of Aspergers. Only after providing the school with the report from Dr. X of Clinic X did the school acknowledge B?s difficulties as being anything other than wilful bad behaviour, and begin to work with the parents to create strategies to deal with them. Only by the parents going through the process for applying for Statutory Assessment has the school finally begun to apply the strategies created into the classroom. Although strategies had been discussed for 18 months previously, only now (this week, this month) were they being implemented; such as x, x and x. His labelling as Aspergers has only had positive outcomes, and will continue to at secondary school as being a means of communication between staff, home and B providing specific understanding of B?s needs and positive strategies to help him over come his difficulties.

4. B?s stress is more evident at home, as he views home as a safe place where he is not penalised for speaking his opinions or becoming emotional. He often saves talking of the �incidents� that have occurred during the day until he leaves the school and they can also distressingly resurface at bedtime. Mr. and Mrs. X then talks them over calmly with B working to come up with strategies B can use to understand each situation and how to deal with it in future. However, this is always separate from the specific situation and can only be a response to what B tells us. This is why specific support to his social difficulties in school would be even more effective.

5. The EP misinterpreted part of the discussion with the parents concerning current teaching standards. Mrs. X stated that she was absolutely amazed that the same excuses used to exclude a child from education 30 years ago are still being used today despite all the knowledge gained since then. The EP chose to view that as transference.

Edited by nvapid

This is disgraceful, resorting to basically bad-mouthing you as parents. :angry:

Can you get the PROFESSIONAL who dx your son to write a letter contradicting the EP saying how supportive etc. you are as his parents, and how this dx is fundamental to your son's education ?

I would fight back, dirty, if you have to resort to their tactics.

Get the person who dx involved, this EP's comments are denigrating the professional's worth.

Good luck,

wac