Sign in to follow this  
Viper

New obsession.

This one is a bit worrying. Ben is obsessed with his oldest sister. She is nearly 18 and a bit freaked out about it. Ben is constantly asking where she is and when she will be home etc. The first thing he says when he wakes up is has S gone out yet, then he goes and wakes her up to tell her he loves her, give her a kiss and a hug then tells her to let him know when she is going out. When she goes he wants a kiss and a hug, says he loves her "soooo much" and that he will miss her. He then cries as she leaves and carries on saying I miss S while crying for up to half an hour. If she goes out before he is up we have a real meltdown.

The really odd thing about it is, he has never really taken any notice of her before. The age gap (ben is 5) seemed to keep them at arms length. He has 2 other sisters who are older than him but is just the same as normal with them.

S feels really bad about going out (unlike me she has a life) and it is bothering her, when she is home he follows her around, sits in her room with her and even went to sleep in her bed the other night.

Has anyone else heard of this, is it normal or should we be worried?

Viper.

Guest flutter

we are our DD walking obsessions

if we are out dad arm is her arm :wallbash:

she did get a bit funny bout bruv going out, and wouldnt go to lseep if he not in, but she has now got used to it

would it be worth him having some laminated pics of her so when she not in he can still see her?? if she not in is there something he can look after for her her ( in our house it is a dolphin) teddy or beany?/

he has prob just really noticed her?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Viper, H is like that with me, Cant even go to the loo without him screaming :blink:

He also goes through phases of being like that with his teacher, whenever she leaves the room he lies on the floor and screams until she comes back :(

I cant offer any advice, we hav'nt figured out how to manage H's attachments yet :(

Hi Viper

Sounds very like our house,Beth my oldest is Chars crouch as we call her.He his terrible without her if shes at friends he cries and constantly asks for her.He follows her every where and as she puts it

"He's driving me mad"

He is quite agressive towards her sometimes when he get excitied and she is a walking puch bag.I have spoken with his ped and we are going to talk about it at his next meeting.

This has been going on now for about two years but sadly is getting worse as Beth is getting older now 7 and wants her own space.

I know this prob' does help but no you aren't alone.

Lisa x

Ben still has his obsession with me but it is worse with his sister. Flutter that is a good idea, I will get her to give him one of her toys and see if it works.

Viper.

Hi viper :)

not only let him have one of her toy but as well a little picture in a frame he could put under his pillow it should reassured him. :wub:

Take care.

Malika.