Sign in to follow this  
KarenM

pester power

I know all kids are bad with pestering but my dd has a real problem with this. Its very hard to say no . Is this common with our children ? Karen

Edited by KarenM

Yep! I'm with you there!!

My son constantly is asking for things and if I say No, watch for the tantrum! To avoid this, I now say 'We'll see!'. That's is neither a yes or a no and both of us are happy! LOL

Edited by Tylers-mum

I get this all the time and I tell Ben he can have everything he wants when I win a million on the lotery. Keeps him happy and if I ever do I will be more than happy to keep my word. :wub:

Viper.

It's very strange, but our kids aren't pestering for anything this year :unsure: Am lost as to what to buy !

The youngest (almost 6 and asd ) only asked for a xmas tree last year, if i ask him what he'd like from Santa this year, he just says 'presents' :wub:

Are they immune to adverts through watching so many ? :unsure:

Or are the older two just hoping for hard cash ? :wacko:

wac

;) i think the "we will see" is a good answer :lol: i use this alot as if i happen to say yes-it leads to major trouble if i dont follow through,and of course the no causes it as well.

i try to distract alot ;) to get off the subject-naughty i know but we are in a no win situation.

I think all kids pester... mine are real experts.

but if it's not stuff off the TV... it's to play the games they pestered me to buy last year..... Getting them to play sleeping lions was my best brain wave for family games... they lie still and shut up for minutes!!

My seven year old none ASD child pesters and says " I'd really love that" which means I want that, but say's it nicely to make me feel sorry for her!!! She's so badly do to !!!!LOL:rolleyes:

But C doesn't you ask him what he wants Father Christmas to bring and it's "Just a Robot"

Maybe the pestering will come with time like it did with B.

Lisa x