Sign in to follow this  
Clarkie

nervous

Hi Guys

Have started to get a bit nervous now about the impending phonecall on Tuesday lunchtime from the LEA.

I have got the minutes of the meeting which very clearly state special residential school educ and that this cannot be met in our county.

To me it's very simple, if the LEA can't educate him in county then they should fully fund his placement out of county.

Any ideas people?

Clarkie

Edited by Clarkie

Hi Clarkie,

Hang on, you're almost there.

The LEA will prefer to share the costs, but you can only take the LEA to tribunal.

These days authorities are supposed to be joint action, so SS may pay half, you may be lucky and get health on board too.

If you want the LEA to fund in total you will have to argue for a 24 hr. curriculum, giving evidence that the 24hrs is for education and not education and social care, It can be done.

Parents shouldn't have to worry about who is paying, your only worry is if you have to go to tribunal. You look as if you have a strong case, so fingers crossed.

Hope this helps

Nellie xx

Parents shouldn't have to worry about who is paying, your only worry is if you have to go to tribunal. You look as if you have a strong case, so fingers crossed.

Exactly. It is NOT for you to worry about the money. That's there problem, they have to sort that out between them. The issue you have to concern yourself with is what is best for his education - nothing else. They cannot decide what is the best for him on the basis of what they can afford.

Stay strong, We're here to support you.

Thanks Nellie

Social Services are also taking this to their panel on Tuesday . If the LEA decide that he should go to a special residential (which they have too given all the evidence and recommendations) can they then refuse to do it if social services don't provide funding?

I feel like I'm on knife edge at the moment. Clarkie

Edited by Clarkie

Clarkie,

I do know what it's like to wait for decisions like this, it's horrendous. I wish I could suggest something to take your mind off it, nothing worked for me. It's a light at the end of the tunnel and the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Education will have to agree in the end, I don't see that they have an alternative. The only problem I can see is they might delay it to 'persuade' SS and Health. If your situation really is dire you could consider contacting your MP if they drag their heels for any length of time.

Good luck, keep taking deep breaths!!!

Nellie xx

You whinge for all your worth, this board is good for that!

This must be hard on all of you. I have my fingers crossed they all keep going the right way with this. Hopefully you won't need the big guns. But if you do....give 'em both barrels, we'll load, you aim and get your son to pull the trigger!

Clarkie, I'm keeping everything corssed for you at the moment, until you know what decisions have been made you can't really move on, but we are all here for you.

Is Ben Bradshaw your MP? I have been to see him and he has so far been very helpful, it was his phonecall to the LEA that caused the U-Turn in the transport issue I had with them. I'd be tempted to email him and let him know your story anyway, it takes him a couple of weeks to get back to you, also if you do run into trouble with funding I have a contact at the Express & Echo who would be very interested in your story. This kind of pressure does pay off.

HHxx >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clarkie,

This waiting for news is the worst time. :wacko:

Everything is still crossed for you and yours tomorrow.

You've done great to get this far. :clap:>:D<<'>

love

K

Clarkie,

Hope everything goes very well tomorrow!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Gloria