Sign in to follow this  
Kerre

Getting a hamster.

I'm getting a hamster on Tuesday, which is quite far away :unsure: But I can't think of any names. I'll probably get a male. 'Hammy' is not an option.

Herbert, Boris. I had one called smurf but thats a bit naff. My tortoise is called Herbert sherbet toffee fudge victor norbert ........ (our surname) There are six in our family and we all chose a name. I call him herby.

A few to think about.

Viper.

I had a hamster called Perigrin :unsure: I got it when I was 12 and can't remember why I gave it that name. He lived for 5 years and had a great life. We could leave his cage open and he would come and nick fruit out of the fruit ball and in the evening he would watch telly with us :D

He was the tamest and happiest hamster I've ever met :lol:

We have a photo of him dragging a big apple from the fruit ball in to his cage and one of him sitting on my dad's foot watching TV. My dad didn't like it when we first got him, but I knew Perigrin had won his heart when he once commented 'That 'rat's' almost human'. :thumbs:

Hope you get a hamster as special as Perigrin :lol::lol:

Lauren

I'll call him Toffee, or Fudge. Or something. Caramel I'll reserve in case we get a girl.

That's cool, Lauren! I want an awesome hamster like that :thumbs:

Wow Lauren! 5yrs is a long time for a hamster! I thought 2-3 was the norm! LOL Mine lived for 3yrs and was a sweet little thing. Never once nipped me even when I nearly baked him in the sun! :( (he was in the cage under the window and it was a very hot day!). :oops:

My grandmother had one called Derek... she lived in a supposedly pet-free block of flats, and wanted a 'proper' name just in case she mentioned him to anyone by mistake. Presumably they all thought she had a tiny, fruit-eating, loo-roll obsessed bloke up there in a cage instead.

i personally cant stand any rodent type creature,they terrify me,but names...how about Bam,hugo,hector,billy,norris(after corries-he's rodent like :D )

my kids suggestions-

dweezil

frog???

humpty

harry

henry

tulip(for a girl)

cuddles

squeak

:whistle:

Kerre,what I do is think of a theme first,and then use names from that,most of my rats names have come from computer games:eg, Akira,Ryo(pronounced Ree-oh,SEGA based Ryo from Shenmue on Akira from their Virtua Fighter series),Turok (a computer game series),Khan (didn't base this on anything,just liked the name),Tux (after the linux Penguin logo),Shadow (after DJ Shadow),and Bucky (after cartoon-Bucky O Hare).

Maybe look up Japanese names and their English translations on google,or a name from a computer game or cartoon series etc..etc..

Edited by TuX

I'd probably do sweeties. Like fudge etc.

B)

Do you know what colour he will be,or has he not been reserved?

The colour could be associated with the sweet as well.

Thats like my tortoise he has toffee and fudge in his name.

I had a hamster that was clever, he was called peppe and lived anywhere but his cage, he would wander around and when we called him and banged on the floor he would come running from where ever he was. Cute little chap.

I've had rabbits too. There names were Honey, Slipper (he was all fluffy and looked like one of those big slippers that were once fasionable) Squidge, saphire (she had blue eyes) saphy for short and a tiny little one who had red eyes called Ruby she didn't live long (runt of the litter), but was such a sweetie.

I also have three parrots called Max, Kiwi and Toby. My dog is called teddy and my cat is called smudge.

Viper.

I like rabbits, they taste like chicken. Just kidding. But my cousin once had a rabbit. It was good to stroke but got eaten by a fox :( And I couldn't have a rabbit even if I wanted one, 'cos of our mad dog.

We have two guinea pigs Pepper and Daffodil,Kids picked the names.I had a hamster she was called Levi don't know why just liked it.

Lisa x

My cat is called Mr Cat, so I am probably not the best person to ask if you're trying to think of something original.

I quite fancy somrthing totally inappropriate - how about Fang or Ripper? Girl I work with has chickens, unfortunately Nugget and Dipper were got by a fox and have now been replaced with Roast and Curry!