Sign in to follow this  
laine

confused

While in discussion with a parent at school, we were chatting about ASD. She said she had heard of this and said children with this are very intelligent, i cant speak for others but iam afraid to say that my little boy is not, in fact he is the opposite is any one else in this position and could this mean that the DX could be wrong. I am very confused. :hypno:

Laine,

There is a thread on here somewhere about the things people say, you will find it a good read, also quite amusing.

Sorry, cant do the link thingy, maybe someone else can.

Brook :)

Edited by Brook

from what ive been told,alot of ASD kids are of normal or above intelligence,my daughter is 3 and very advanced intellectually for her age,my consultant says ASD doesnt affect intelligence just the way the thought process works,therefore making learning difficult for some kids,my nephew is 13 and he is intelligent but we dont expect him to achieve great things academicaly because its difficult for him to put down what he needs to,if that makes sense.we try and make more emphasis on his social learning so he can fit into society easier,i personally dont think that academic greatness is important for any ASD kids,as long as they can live a happy life after education is more of a concern for us than what his gcse results will be.

Hi Think like will all children dx or no dx the intelligence varies from child to child.I have heard of some children with AS being extreamly intelligent but don't know if there AS has anything to do with it.

Lisa x