Sign in to follow this  
DAS999

Red from head to toe

I feel so so guilty. I told my GF last night that she needed a bath tomorrow (today) and when I got home from work this morning at 7am she was soaking wet and red from head to toe as she had got in a bath that was way way too hot! She was like a fire to touch!

She normally has a shower and knows it goes on number 3 so it is not too cold or too hot.

I am impressed she listened to me when I said she needed a bath but I am so upset she got herself in to that state. It must have been painfull even though she said it wasn't.

:crying::crying:

Simple things cause huge problems.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> for both of you

SD x

Oh yes, I can identify with this one. My son (27) used to have a shower but would always change the setting, after getting his feet scalded we had to revert to baths. He is unable to gauge the temperature of baths and has to have them run for him. He couldn't even cope with a simple thermometer.

Would your girlfriend be able to use a digital thermometer? I hope she is ok now and that you are feeling calmer.

Nellie >:D<<'>

oh poor thing,hope shes ok das >:D<<'> im sure there are things you can put on your shower to stop the temp from going over a certain level.

Check the settings on your hot water system. Set it to a comfortable (and therefore safe) temp for a bath. Saves fiddling with anything that way as the water can never be hotter than you set it....even if you're out!

Hi DAS

My son (12) hates the thought of baths. Until he is in it then I can't get him out!

I usually run his baths, but if he does it himself I encourage him to run cold water in first and then put enough hot water in to make it comfortable when he puts his hand in.

Maybe your g/f could do this so that she can feel the water before entering the bath with her feet :unsure:

That does sound like a good rule, depends how independant she wants to be. The issue with my sister was she tried to prove she could do it herself, so one morning when her partner popped out she ran a bath to prove a point and burnt herself, hence I went straight out and bought one of those, Boots and a few other places do them aswell. I have one for my kids as working in catering for a few years has made my skin much less sensitive to heat.

Edited by lil_me

I would like her to take more respsonibility for every day things and on a good day she can but somedays it is just too much for her. I think once she is use to having baths (she doesn't usually have them, her choice) But she keeps wanting them now. When she is use to them I will look in to how to get her to understand temps and not to over fill it!!Thanks for all the help