Sign in to follow this  
Suze

School!...going back.

We had a really bad December at school,which culminated in keeping ASD son off school for the last week.He,d been having strange hallucinations and night terrors and was generally suffering.He lost half a stone ,got a nasty cold and has pretty much hibernated this holiday.He got a PSP2 for christmas his first ever computer/game (he has never shown an interest before )........and it has,nt left his side literally plays the thing 24/7.I now realise getting him back in school mode, up and dressed each morning etc is going to be a real problem :crying: .I,ve left him to his own devices too long and it,s going to be :angry: getting him back in the rythm.Schools on thursday and I,m dreading it.Thought I,d start this thread cos I know others are dreading it just as much as me.You know how angry a grizzly bear gets when you wake him up from his winters hibernation too early ......................................................................... :crying:

Ben doesn't want to go back to school and he's home educated. :lol: He hates the thought of having to go back to getting dressed. He's worn his jim jams for the past 2 weeks. He also hates not having his sisters here even though he hates it when they are here too. :hypno:

I can't win. He hated school but hates having to do stuff at home, well he says he does but when we get down to it he really enjoys it. He is such an odd little man.

Good luck for Thursday. Mine go back tomorrow (except Ben)

Viper.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Suze

If I have a dream it is to open up a HUGE Home Ed provision, probably on-line, where all of our kids could be educated in their own homes, at their own speed. A bit like they do in Australia for the kids that live in the outback (I think) But also so that we parents could have a sense of belonging. We would all belong to the home ed community school. Daft I know because how on earth could it happen.

I feel for all of you because I do realise and understand that home-ed is not for everyone. We are just lucky that it is right for us.

thinking of you all >:D<<'>

Carole

Guest flutter

went back today

seems ok, but did chuck something at bruv at dinner

but she is a wee bit out cos dad sore hand?

good luck for those starting

we don't want to go back either :crying: 2 weeks with no homework has been heaven. Children have also spent most of the time in their P J's. We have had no real routine at home but they have been fine with this. I'm trying not to pass on my negative vibes to them both.

If I have a dream it is to open up a HUGE Home Ed provision, probably on-line, where all of our kids could be educated in their own homes, at their own speed. A bit like they do in Australia for the kids that live in the outback (I think) But also so that we parents could have a sense of belonging. We would all belong to the home ed community school.

How do you want to see it implemented in practice because there are a zillion ways to implement home education?

A friend of mine is compiling a selection of reading materials for patriotic home education. He has been home educating for over 5 years and did so because he opposes multiculturalism and political correctness peddled by schools either as part of the National Curriculum or dished out by teachers with a socially liberal stance. The reading materials selected include British history, geography, cultures, and classical literature. Most of it is aimed at the KS2 and KS3 age group and is intended for a purely "educational" purpose rather than material for GCSE exams.

I am working on something at the opposite end of the scale. I am trying to track down all institutions that take private candidates for GCSEs and A Levels because it would be very useful to have a complete list of every exam centre with the subjects that are available and the exam boards used.

My son has just joined me,so in his own words, this is what he does,nt like about school.The Teachers, I like some.Don,t like Headmistress.The toilets smell.We always do tests.We always have to write stuff down.Nothing to do at break-time.All the people spit on my table at dinner.We have to wait at dinner to go out.I don,t like working.I like learning by doing.That,s it :angry: ................................mum typed cos son would,nt :lol: .

Went back today and already told off at school. Nothing that the head felt the need to mention though :dance:

However, he also got a "good boy" sticker.

Can't remember what he did or ate for lunch - but can describe in great detail the pudding!

So all in all hopefully not such a bad day.

Been a bit agressive since finishing and muttering lots. ...... but could be worse.

Could be down to inset (training) days Lil_me, teachers at my school were in yesterday, I should have been back today (I'm off sick waiting to see GP). Others started Tuesday some yesterday. It depends on when they arrange the training days for really. Some like to take them all in one go others spread them throughout the term.

I'm glad this thread is here as mt stress levels are beginning to rise and B doesn't go back until Monday.

I still feel kind of fraudulent being here as we have no dx but her behaviour really does lead me to think that she may have Aspergers. We had an app with the school pediatrician before the end of term that was pointless but she said she would refer her to a clinical psychologist. However as she's waiting to be seen by Camhs that won't happen anyway. Probably would have been quicker than going through Camhs!

Desperatley trying not to show B that I'm worried. Her behaviour is a lot worse at school than at home and she can be physically violent. We get the shouting and screaming but very rarely is she physical at all.

Oh I'm sorry, this is such a ramble of thoughts. Not sure if we belong here or not and not sure how long it's going to take to find out. And honestly if its not Aspergers I don't have a clue to what's going on in her head.

Basically I'll be counting down the days to half term!!! :(

Thanks for reading

Sue

Stress meters switched back on- Mine went back this morning! I have fingers crossed because I know he had too little sleep to function. He only agreed to go if I told them to go easy on him today. :lol: He made me explain that he was cold, and tired, and uncomfortable, and that he had a sore leg from slipping on some ice the other evening.. I don't know what he is expecting them to make him to do? An assault course in his underwear followed by an alertness test? hmmm. maybe they will? :o I just hope to see him in a good mood. :pray: I'm not ready for the backlash of back to school behaviours.

...I too am already counting down til half term...

Hi 2pink2blue.. have you tryed going to your Gp and asking for a referrel? we did as no one else was listening (HVs and nursery teachers etc) he listened and within 5mins referred him to a team of pychologists at a place called the Rosewood centre. I went to my GP a year gone december (we have been struggling for years with his problems though) and by april someone came out to see us, then come May he was having a 13wk assessment. becaus eof holiday etc it took a little longer, but over that time the p got the info she needed, he saw a nurse/play therapist/someone observed in school and finally he saw a pyschiatrist who need to rule out ADHD whihc he did, but come september he was given his diagnosis of which confirmed what we already knew of having aspergers syndrome. (My grandad had this too) so really wasn't too long once we got someone to actually listen and get the ball rolling! :clap:

hope someone listens to you soon!

the same here im afraid. ive got a daughter who is loving yr 6 after hating the first 5 years lol and tom who just hates school full stop.

Today he went out of the door with new gloves. I went to take ellie to school and when i got back he was wandering up the road again, i said what happened and he said i lost my gloves!!!.

He'd got to school realised hed lost them and walked all the way home again looking for them!.

H e was freezing cold, i sent him back to school again but he didnt find the new gloves!

That is the 6th pair this year and three hats too! :huh:

Hi ,2 Pink2 blue,

I've found this site is really one of the best ways to understand your childs behaviour whether your yet at a diagnostic stage or just beginning to look for answers. I really wasn't sure if my son (6) had AS or not but through this site i was able for the first time to see so many similar experiences from other parents .The support this brings is amazing :thumbs:

As to the subject of back to school i could really use some advice :pray:

My little dear went back yesterday and the feedback in his contact book is bad to say the least he didn't achieve any stars on his sticker chart so it must have been a nightmare ,usually he manages 4 or 5. Apparently he's been calling everyone idiots refusing to work and hitting out all day.

I know why it happens the change of routine , settling down after the hols etc but what do i say to him ????

Do i tell him off ? Take away his X box ?

Or do what i've done which is sat him down between me and his dad and talked it through saying how were you feeling when this or that happened , why was what you did not the best option and what can we do to get it back on track next week. We also said that if he continues hitting his x box will be confiscated .

Is this the right way to go?????

:( ............Well we had 2 good days last week.Then last night it started(knew there,d be trouble this morning).This morning as soon as I gently opened his door to go in and see him I was met with a screaming "get out leave me alone" :angry: .Dad went in a bit later and tried :angry: similar response but worse.An hour later he,s still in bed yelling and throwing his shoes around.I went in and this time he was dressed :thumbs: ................I smiled at him :shame: .......big mistake, kicked me, thumping me :angry: going nuts.Well thankfully his dad stayed around to help , got him to school but with no breakfast and could,nt get him to wipe the scowl off his face.All this because it was swimming this morning :tearful: .