Sign in to follow this  
baddad

panto tomorrow at Canterbury

Hi -

bit late I know, but were off to the 'Dave Lee Special' Panto at Canterbury in the morning... Just wondered if anyone else was going, and if they wanted to face to face?

BD and Ben (I might take HIM with me, if he's good)

nope no where near me

but hope you enjoy it

hi flutter/viper -

Flutter, I just answered your pm before checking the thread, so you'll know all this!!

Bums! I should have got organised with this earlier! The show is a 'charidy' thing - starts at 10.00 am, ben and I do it annually, but it's ticket only... I was really asking if anyone else was actually going to it...

I would LOVE to meet either/both of you after, but there are two probs - we're going with some friends and we don't know their timetable AFTER the show, and I don't know what time the show finishes! Makes making arrangements difficult, doesn't it?

Viper - I just suggested in the PM to flutter that a meet at Herne Bay in the summer might be easier? Who knows, by then we might have found some others in the area and can arrange a right old 'Jolly Boy's Outing"?

Sorry, sorry sorry for doing this so late in the day... Next year I'll beg some extra tickets, and post early enough to get it organised properly...

L&P

BD :wallbash:

Come clean Badders you saw who was interested and thought "Oh my god, please not them two" :lol: Nice cover story though. :clap:

Hern bay sounds nice, how you gonna get outa that one boyo? :devil:

Viper.

Come clean Badders you saw who was interested and thought "Oh my god, please not them two" :lol: Nice cover story though. :clap:

Hern bay sounds nice, how you gonna get outa that one boyo? :devil:

Viper.

How VERY dare you!!

Now, betwixt posting and now I did have a thought...

The panto MUST be finished by about 12.30 - 1.00, yes? Do you know the big Mickey D's at the top end of the high street? Odds on the kids'll wanna go there... If you's two want to want to meet up, and then be around Mickey D's at oneish this MIGHT just work? Last year there was a 'waltzing teacups' nearby - if that (or any other kiddy attraction) is there I'll hover around it at 1ish.

If you two and families want to wear 'WE LOVE BADDAD" t -shirts that would help ;):lol: , or alternatively just look out for a really good looking bloke, a gorgeous 'dirty blonde' haired kid with specs (ben) a 'spaced out' looking blonde kid (simon), a dark haired little hobbit (matthew), and a dizzy looking blonde (Karen)...

I'll TRY to get online at around 8.30 before we leave in the morning to see if this could work, but if Karen is running late won't get the chance...

L&P

BD

See, I DID mean it - just hadn't thought it through - DOH! ;)

Oh, what a shame, Baddad we were supposed to be going to this, but for the last two days my son has

began screaming and shouting that he doesn't want to go :(:(

I was quite looking forward to it! mind you it's a bit early isn't it. :whistle:

I've tried explaining that it would be fun and what they do etc..

but his reply is 'it will explode my head' :wacko:

It really is a shame as I have to take my three yr old (NT) son up to London Sunday for an operation,

he has a lifelong physical disability, he would have enjoyed it. :(

Oh well, have fun and do a bit of 'Oh no it isn't' and 'it's behind you', for me, I've never been to a panto!!

Dave Lee's is excellent, we went to Eurodisney with them last year, they were fantastic. :thumbs:

Brook

Oh, what a shame, Baddad we were supposed to be going to this, but for the last two days my son has

began screaming and shouting that he doesn't want to go :(:(

I was quite looking forward to it! mind you it's a bit early isn't it. :whistle:

I've tried explaining that it would be fun and what they do etc..

but his reply is 'it will explode my head' :wacko:

It really is a shame as I have to take my three yr old (NT) son up to London Sunday for an operation,

he has a lifelong physical disability, he would have enjoyed it. :(

Oh well, have fun and do a bit of 'Oh no it isn't' and 'it's behind you', for me, I've never been to a panto!!

Dave Lee's is excellent, we went to Eurodisney with them last year, they were fantastic. :thumbs:

Brook

Hi Brook - no chance you could sell it to him with 'we know some other people who are going?"

The eurodisney thing, I really must ask!! We had a hoiliday at the chalet in Camber two (3?) years ago, but have been doing Butlins since... the 'eurodisney' used to be offered a year later automatically, but now so oversubscribed you have to reapply - which I WILL do!!!

If you can get him to go, do so... Dave is a real 'old school' comedian - the show is the real McCoy with all the old regular gags - Ben and i LOVE it. Not many panto's are as authentic now - I think it's only DL's local connections and popularity that keep this one going. Sad thing is, these are the GOOD ones... ben and i went to see Peter Pan at T Wells, and it was pants! All pant, no 'O'. give me dames, sausages, behind you's and laundry 'skits' any day of the week...

L&P

BD

PS: VERY VERY best with that op on Sunday. Loadsa hugs etc >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

BD, I would love to come but (now its my turn) It's too early, we don't manage to get out of the house before 2 with our little man and thats a rush :lol: . Do you live near canterbury cos we could meet another time.. PM me.

Viper.

Thanks for the hugs BD, I really do need them, feel very :sick: at the thought of my baby having his op. :(

We went to Eurodisney with DL's as our FIRST TRIP (well our only one so far!) they really do look after you.

By the way we spent a weekend at Camber before my son was dx, it was a b****y nightmare, we wanted

to go home after an hour, but obviously now we know why! Mind you didn't rate the place much anyway. :whistle::whistle: But before anyone tells me off, that was four years ago we went so it might have

improved by now, (just covering my rear really, :lol::lol: ).

Have a great time tomorrow. :thumbs:

Brook

Brook it must be awful for you. Ben should have had an opperation to take out six teeth but I couldn't go through with it. God knows how I would cope with what you are going through. When my DD had her tonsils out I fainted when I saw her in recovery. I really feel for you. I will be thinking of you.

Best wishes >:D<<'> Viper.

Thanks Viper. :tearful::wub:

I really am feeling churned up, although I know he has to have it done, it doesn't make it any easier.

I hope that it will enable him to start walking again, bless him. :wub:

Brook

I love panto and have fond memories of going as a child - it was always my Christmas Eve treat. This year we had Peter Pan as well and I was quite impressed with our version, complete with "behind you's" etc.. the main funny man was good enough to carry the show, despite not being a dame, and there were enough topical jokes and slapstick goings on to keep 8 year old son happy - he loved it and would have gone again.

Enjoy it tomorrow Baddad - Oh yes you will!

... and Brook, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you for tomorrow as well.

Hope you guys enjoy the panto today................as kids we always used to see Russ Abbott, saw him again 2 yrs ago in panto and he was still brill :D .Brook I really feel for you hope it goes well on Sunday, my daughter was born with a congenital problem which prevented her from walking, she had 3 ops as a baby and I know how hard it is.I shall be thinking of you >:D<<'> , please let us know how it goes.Right then who,s for deferring all their holidays on the med to down south and Herne Bay?????..............in the summer :rolleyes:

Enjoy the panto BD and Ben :thumbs:

Hope you behave yourself Badders :P

Brook - Will be thinking of you today, hope everything goes well >:D<<'>

brook,i am thinking of you today >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

baddad,i can def meet in herne bay in the summer,come on get out of this one!!you will have no trouble recognising me,i am a volumptuous bottle blonde and will have steven behind me calling me a fat s*** and katie having a terrible twos tantrum!see you there!

Guest flutter

so we having a huge rumble on herne bay beach then in the summer

watch out herne bay :bat::bat:

i cant describe how i will look, cos i change my look with the wind lol

could describe DD, but she is too prety to do soo am i jealous of her yes!!!!!

but in a very nice way

hope you had fun BD cos as i type you are "behind you" ing

C xx

Hi all -

flying visit tonight but thought I should post to say the Panto was absolutely brill!! This is, I think, our fourth year running, and it was the best yet by miles... Fantastic! If anyone on the forum knows DL please pass on our thanks...

Now, as for that posse descending on Herne Bay in the summer it sounds excellent! Will wait with baited breath for the warm weather, and post in plenty of time for a big meeting! :dance::dance: Herne Bay won't know what hit it! Seeing as the 'Emily Howard' skits from Little Britain were all filmed there, perhaps we should all dress up as unconvincing transvestites? I know you gorgeous ladies will have to dress down for the day, but it shouldn't be a problem for me and Ben...

L&P

BD :D

my friend says i look like the one from little britian,the one with the long hair with a scrunchie in the middle!!im not going to go on the beach,they might think im her stand in!!is she called vicky?i do not watch it