Sign in to follow this  
Hectorshouse

Annual Review

I have just finished my parental rep for the AR tomorrow, and have posted it on my blog, if anyone fancies taking a butchers, honest opinions would be appreciated.

huge appreciations, HHxx

(my blog is under my signature)

Thanks for the help, and you know who you are, its all done now, parental rep is on the blog and so are the questions from the statement that I will ask at the meeting. I will publish the answers and outcome tomorrow and when the actual minutes come through I will publish them as well on the blog...

Just gotta tidy up the paperwork thats everywhere and collate, and save to disk to print out at school as printer died on me tonight ...

HHxx

You're a demi-godess to us! :D

Seriously though, hope it all goes well today. Stick to your guns and don't let them fiddle with anything on that statement that you don't want fiddled with. I'll be thinking of you.

ohhh just noticed posts are at 499 and this'll make it 500 am I gonna change mountain now ??? but I wanted to be a demi goddess

You'll have to settle for beng a domestic godess in real life!

Good luck wth the review

Simon

Just got back, it all went really well, the SALT issue is a stumbling block but I am digging my heals in, the lady from the Autism Team feels that she would be able to cover most of what he needs, and not need further therapy ... I have compromised and agreed, that no he doesn't need a therapy programme, but an assessment would give everyone a very clear indication of the actual level of T's comprehension enabling a successful social skills and communicatin programme to be drawn up with the Autism lady ...

The school are extremely positive and are convinced that he can achieve, but as agreed it is only with this level of support from the LEA and teaching staff that T can access mainstream education. He will always have a scribe and reader for tests, which is a great result, previously in Cornwall they were so insistent on the recording being done by T by hand, and if you have read my rep then you'll understand why this so difficult for T.

They await his OT assessment next week and are happy to incorporate whatever strategies recommended. The school nurse was there, and has been really useful, since our move to Devon T hasn't been under a peaditrician, so she will get intouch with the community pead and GP to initiate this, as his development needs monitoring ...

They are recommending that T remain with them providing they are able to maintain the level of support from the LEA, and also if T can continue to cope in a mainstream environment, they are having tremendous success with his oppositional behaviour and negative outlook, and can see that this will improve with continuity of teaching ans support. It was agreed that to move T would be detrimental to his education and emotional well being, but at the same time he also had to take an element of responsibility for some of the things he does ... ie the swearing ... which is improving and 'fudgey donkey' is now being used by several children as a release word rather than all the F words etc ..

The only criticism from his subject teachers, was the way in which he spoke to his TA's at times, they felt that it was often disrespectful but he is getting help to change this, a lot of this comes from his deep seated mistrust of TA's and teachers from his previous experiences .... and if you have been told for such a long time that you are a 'truculent, naughty, bad, rude, etc ... etc ..' then that it what you will, this fortunately is not how they see him, and they are constantly reassuring him of this. They have also praised him up, saying that already he isn't the child he was when he started with them, and that he must work on his considerable charm and good nature as this is the real T.

So all in all a good meeting, I await the report, and will publish it on my blog when I get it.

Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it, and I know I left it all to the last minute, haven't slept for 48 hours and am shattered now, curling up on the sofa today and doing NOTHING .... no domestic goddess today (thanks simon ... not the kind of goddess I had in mind) going to enjoy the rest of my week off and totally chilling out .....

HHxx