Sign in to follow this  
Kerre

I want a job!

Heh, I thought it was super-lame but I looked it up on my county council website which says I can get a job as long as the employers send in a form thingy, which I don't think they'll think is worth the bother.

Kerre, What sort of work are you wanting to do?

I used to work in a Supermarket, and they Would take on under-16's.

I would suggest phoning/going into a few places and asking to speak to a manager, and then ask THEM what they do.

Be warned though that there are some strict hours that under 16's are allowed to work

National law

In England, Wales and Scotland young people aged between 13 and the minimum school-leaving age may not do any work, paid or unpaid:

before 7am or after 7pm

for more than two hours on a school day or Sunday

for more than 12 hours a week during term time

in the holidays for more than 25 hours a week - 35 hours if aged 15 or over

The rules in Northern Ireland are different for children aged 13 and older - read the Employment of Children Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 at the Stationery Office website.

You also have to follow special rules about rest breaks, time off and holidays for young workers. See our guide on hours, rest breaks and the working week.

You must do a risk assessment before taking on school-age workers, or review your existing risk assessment. See our guide on risk assessment - an overview.

this quote is taken from here: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...=000AD140020014

awww, Kerre, don't be in too much of a hurry to 'grow up'!

When you are finally in work, you will be at it for about 45 years (hopefully!), and there will be plenty of times where you wish you weren't there! Enjoy being a kid! (I wish I did, and didn't rush out to work!)

Hmph, I just want to be able to do something constructive which isn't sitting around on my ass all day like I do now.

I would've liked to work in the pet shop near me, because I like animals, but that was just me being naive.

Kerre

Have you spoken with them? Maybe you can work out something with them where you work just Saturdays until you are old enough to work longer hours? Have you spoken to your mum about this? Maybe she can help you?

No, you're right.

My mum's barefoot wend on here, so she'll read this eventually :lol:

My dad knows already, he thinks if I get myself in gear it'd be possible.

Edited by Kerre

There you go then!

I know that if you were one of my sons (I have 3), then I would want to do everything I can to help you to do what you really want!

Kerre,how about doing work experience/voluntary work at a pet shop on saturdays? don't need an NI for that,and age shouldn't matter,another is helping out at a riding stables,I did this before and after my riding lesson on saturdays since I was 12/nearly 13,and depending on the amount of people they have helping out,they give free riding lessons occasionally.

People under 18 especially are very underpaid when it comes to paid work,surprising it doesn't come under the age discrimination act.