Sign in to follow this  
microsoft_admin

THE JACKSON FAMILY

hi my name is jonathon and i am 18 i have higher functining aspergers syndrom and would like to talk to luke and jacki jackson

Edited by microsoft_admin

Try contacting them through their website, they have a 'contact me' option whereby you can email them.

yea but it opens the browsers resident email program and not hotmail

I know but she does read the messages. I doubt anyone would have her personal email address b/c of security issues etc, other than her family and friends. I'm sure that once you leave a message via her website, that she'll then get an email notifying her that she has a message. KWIM??

I know but she does read the messages. I doubt anyone would have her personal email address b/c of security issues etc, other than her family and friends. I'm sure that once you leave a message via her website, that she'll then get an email notifying her that she has a message. KWIM??

but how will i know that she got it last time i did that was just afta that program was on havent had reply since and i really whant to talk to her on msn mesinger if only for 5 min

As you can imagine with a big family, being a single parent and doing all the events and talks that she does, she is a very busy lady.

Leave her another message expressing why you would like to chat to her etc and maybe she'll contact you but bare in mind, she is busy.

As you can imagine with a big family, being a single parent and doing all the events and talks that she does, she is a very busy lady.

Leave her another message expressing why you would like to chat to her etc and maybe she'll contact you but bare in mind, she is busy.

ok

do you got her website

i lost the link

Jacqui gets an enormous amount of e mails. She has a schedule that would frighten most people, and significant family committments. Before contacting her - do you need to? Either for her benefit or your own - is it necessary? Think

I contacted her after the programme and my friend (who knows her) said she'd have appreciated it because she got quiet a lot of negative e-mail after :(

But tbh I never considered she'd have time to reply at all.

Do you mind me asking why you would like to contact her?

Unless it is something very specific I am sure we can answer whatever questions you may have. Don't worry too much about what they are, if they are important to you that's all that matters. Give us a try!

Unless it is something very specific I am sure we can answer whatever questions you may have. Don't worry too much about what they are, if they are important to you that's all that matters. Give us a try!

Yes I've not been here long and everyone has been so great already.

I only have four children; three of whom have special needs and one who is twistedly gifted. ( Jo is a babygoth who uses darker than thou romatic outlook to upset her teachers)

I also work and in my spare time (laughs) study for a degree.

I know from my own life with a bigger than average family that it is not always to pick up and respond to as many things or people as I would like.

At work my in tray wants to fall over, at home my post and email piles up so i spend time shifting trying to work out if something is important, something I would like to respond to if time allows or something that is not something I need to worry about.

Jackie has more children and an even busier life than me. :blink:

It may not be possible for any of the Jackson family to find the time to respond individually to any mail you send via e-mail or snail mail BUT...if you look around on this board you will also find high functioning aspies *waves* who you can communicate with.

I emailed the jacksons not for a reply but because i've been so inspierd by them. Jackie is somone i realy look up to. If i can look after my boys half as well as her and still be sane then i will be happy. It would be nice one day to see an updat on them

A close and long-time on-line friend of mine has a brother who is regularly in touch with, and is friends with, the Jackson family, especially Jacqui. My friend occasionally passes on updates to me on how they're doing, but I doubt they're for public consumption, so I'm afraid I won't be passing on any news I get.

James

it is some thing specific wich i dobt you could awnser

gordi could you ask your frend to ask jackie if i can talk to her on msn plz

Hi Microsoft -

I'm really sorry to hear of the problem you are having getting a personal message to Luke and Jaqui, but unfortunately that's not something that anyone here on the forum could or should help you with, because there are personal privacy considerations that come into play. To ask Gordie to relay a message for you via a third party puts him in an untenable position, as i hope on reflection you will appreciate...

As others have already suggested, Luke and Jacqui do have personal websites and it is certainly possible for you to send messages to them via those sites. While it's frustrating that there may be delays in receiving a response - or the possibility that there is no response forthcoming - the same situation would apply for ALL contacts outside of their regular networks, and Luke and Jacqui have every right to choose for themselves the basis of any contact they might engage in.

I hope the forum can be useful to you in other ways - there is a huge pool of knowledge available here and some pretty amazing people to share it with.

L&P

BD :D

Hi Microsoft -

I'm really sorry to hear of the problem you are having getting a personal message to Luke and Jaqui, but unfortunately that's not something that anyone here on the forum could or should help you with, because there are personal privacy considerations that come into play. To ask Gordie to relay a message for you via a third party puts him in an untenable position, as i hope on reflection you will appreciate...

As others have already suggested, Luke and Jacqui do have personal websites and it is certainly possible for you to send messages to them via those sites. While it's frustrating that there may be delays in receiving a response - or the possibility that there is no response forthcoming - the same situation would apply for ALL contacts outside of their regular networks, and Luke and Jacqui have every right to choose for themselves the basis of any contact they might engage in.

I hope the forum can be useful to you in other ways - there is a huge pool of knowledge available here and some pretty amazing people to share it with.

L&P

Beautifully said BD! :thumbs:

M/S Admin:

I'm sure whatever it is you need to talk to Jacqui/Luke about is very important to you. However, chances are it's something many of us on this site can help you with. After all, there are many Aspies here, as well as parents of Aspies. I, for one, fall into both catagories. I am an Aspie and I am the mother of an Aspie. To top it all off, my partner is an Aspie too. We're a household of Aspies! :D

If it's something specific to Jacqui/Luke, chances are you probably should not be asking. If it's something about Asperger's syndrome, you can definitely get all the help and advice you need from us lot. Jacqui/Luke are under the spotlight, yet there are lots of people here who have similar difficulties on a day to day basis. See what I mean?

Ask us - you never know, we might surprise you!

Jacqui gets an enormous amount of e mails. She has a schedule that would frighten most people, and significant family committments. Before contacting her - do you need to? Either for her benefit or your own - is it necessary? Think

need to talk to her yes i think it would benifit both me and her

I would imagine that the whole family are snowed under with people wanting to contact them. Perhaps the best way might be to writeto her publishers. If they feel that they cannot answer your questions they would, I imagine, then pass it on.

I really doubt that anyone here will pass on her msn details to you (even if they have them). This is not personal to you. It is just that you could be anyone and those details are private and not the dort of thing to share on a public forum.

Edited by phasmid

ok we will see if the pl on the site can awnser this

i am basicaly going to aske jacki (and luke if that is possible) what there personal experianses with as have been

and i also would like to ask luke some other stuff like how does he deal with all the bad things in life and how he got his books publishes (i know it was publishied with banner.gif but i dont know how it was done) and other stuff like that and just to chat with luke on msn messinger would be an honer

ok we will see if the pl on the site can awnser this

i am basicaly going to aske jacki (and luke if that is possible) what there personal experianses with as have been

and i also would like to ask luke some other stuff like how does he deal with all the bad things in life and how he got his books publishes (i know it was publishied with banner.gif but i dont know how it was done) and other stuff like that and just to chat with luke on msn messinger would be an honer

Hi John -

Obviously i can't answer any specifics, but what I can say is that the books offer a fairly thorough account of their experiences, so that's probably a good place to start. Additionally, I'd point out that the forum is FULL of first hande experiences, and while they may not be as 'high profile' I'm sure you would find them very useful and valuable...

So far as getting a book published, I don't know, but you could try writing to (i.e.) Jessicca Kingsley and asking them how their selection criteria works. You could also enclose a personal letter for them to pass on to Luke/Jaqui on your behalf, expressing how inspirational they have been to you.

Hope that's helpful

The two books are essentially about Luke and Jacqui's experiences with AS, so the best way to get your questions answered would be to read the books themselves. I doubt if they will have time to log onto MSN messenger and repeat information that is already in the books.

Once you have read the books you could try contacting them with any specific questions that you may have.

Simon

The question about personal experiences of AS can be answered by most people on these boards. Every member here has personal experiences of dealing and living with AS, otherwise they wouldn't be here!

You ask about personal experiences - in what way? Do you mean personal experiences in school? Growing up? Living as an adult with AS? There are many different levels I could take that question on. Just need to make sure I know what you're looking for.

The bad things in life - we all have experience of those, too. I'm a female Aspie, so my teenage years were probably quite different to what you're experiencing now. However, I'm the mother of a 10 year old Aspie boy and the partner of a 35 year old Aspie man. I can tell you this, though - my teenage years were hell. I'd go as far as to say that I am psychologically damaged as a result of my school years.

Edited by IAmNotPrinceHamlet

Luke says he deals with the bad stuff by just keeping positive and thinking about the good stuff....it's in the last chapter of freaks, geeks and aspergers syndrome.

Luke says he deals with the bad stuff by just keeping positive and thinking about the good stuff....it's in the last chapter of freaks, geeks and aspergers syndrome.

That's what my 10 year old son says he does. He won't allow himself to think about the bad stuff because it makes him sad. So, he thinks about good things to take his mind off bad things.

The question about personal experiences of AS can be answered by most people on these boards. Every member here has personal experiences of dealing and living with AS, otherwise they wouldn't be here!

You ask about personal experiences - in what way? Do you mean personal experiences in school? Growing up? Living as an adult with AS? There are many different levels I could take that question on. Just need to make sure I know what you're looking for.

The bad things in life - we all have experience of those, too. I'm a female Aspie, so my teenage years were probably quite different to what you're experiencing now. However, I'm the mother of a 10 year old Aspie boy and the partner of a 35 year old Aspie man. I can tell you this, though - my teenage years were hell. I'd go as far as to say that I am psychologically damaged as a result of my school years.

well i have been told that i am emotinly disturbed and phycologicaly tramitised by about 7 difrent shrinks

well my mum says i act like a 13 year old and she says i am serverly regressed at times not to shure whart she means but hay

think all the emotinal probs and phyc tramer i got was caused by dad (i hated his guts and i am so glad he is dead)

well i have been told that i am emotinly disturbed and phycologicaly tramitised by about 7 difrent shrinks

CBT [Cognitive Behavior Therapy] is good for past trauma,did the pyschs do this?

I can only judge from my own experience but,it does create alternative ways of thinking,to get around the negatives,the basics can be learnt and used on self by self.

I find other things helpful,speaking to people whom wronged me in the past,such as bullies,some things are impossible to get an answer and end to unless confronting it,and asking the questions what self never got to ask back then,eg "why abuse me?" "what did I ever do to you?".

[Edit]

Have read newer posts.

Parental....if own mum is alive,does speaking to her about it help?

Edited by TuX