Sign in to follow this  
lindy-lou

ulrika johnson

did anyone read her comments in the news of the world yesterday?

page 25 my odd bit of bother

God preserve us from experts making a name for themselves with scary new childhood conditions.

We now have to look out for ODD...oppositional defiant disorder.

This is when children show "an enduring pattern of unco-operative behaviour towards authority figures"

In other words they're ###### naughty.

Mine develop ODD at 7 to 8.30am and 5 to 7 pm.But then so do i......although mine is oppositional deaf disorder.

How ignorant is this woman??how much damage can she do with her ill thought out,ill informed statement :angry:

One word .................. 'Clueless' :(:angry:

It seems to be becoming all too popular to comment on things like this and use them as a joke.

It's one of those times when you wish you could give someone a pill, so that, just for an hour, they can see how our children feel, and experience what they go through. Don't think it would be so funny to them then....

I didn't see it - was that a link to it in your post? if so it didn't work for me :(

I thought ODD was a reasonably well established diagnosis? didn't Phas have a discussion on this a bit back?

I didn't see it - was that a link to it in your post? if so it didn't work for me :(

I thought ODD was a reasonably well established diagnosis? didn't Phas have a discussion on this a bit back?

It is a well-established diagnosis.

She is sounding off because that's what she gets paid to do. Crass, ignorant and best ignored.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Well, lets face it, hen - If it was in the News of the Screws it's got to be Tosh!!

Haven't read it 'cos your link doesn't work ( ;) ) but i suspect it's exactly the same thing i was having a bit of a moan about elswhere last night - an oversimplification and 'downgrading' of a potentially profoundly disabling disorder:

Oh, i keep my CD's in alphabetical order - I must be odd.

Oh, I talk a lot - so i'm adhd too...

And i swear like a trooper - tourettes!!

and this morning I felt quite glum - Manic depression!!!

But yesterday i didn't - Pipolar disorder!!!!

etc etc etc.......

Oh, and I like 'Westside Story' so I must be gay too!!!! Stop oppressing me, you B******s - whoops - there's that tourettes again, oooh what a give away! ;)

Oh, and just in case... if you happen to be reading this Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka LYTB ;)

Yours sincerely

Svenxx

Ulrika Johnson

What can i say she gets on my nerves.She was in a magazene the other week banging on about how shes had 3 kids 3 different men and how running keeps her sane as she looks for her MR Right againe.

Then to add insult to injury i think shes shoved out some sort of keep fit DVD on how she looks so slim and good.Well i think she loks old haggerd and far too thin and her secret diet is heartache and being constantly dumped by the men she rushes into relationships with.Why wpould we want to look like her.

I have heard of ODD though a lady was on the tv last year with her son and she said he had been diagnosed with this condition.But it was far more serious and much more complex than refuseing to obey orders.

So called celebrities should but out of stuff they know nothing about.Stick to eating with a baby fork so they feel fuller or pretending theyve havent been airbrushed and are naturally 47 and look 25!!!!!!!!!

I once read an article Keith Duffy had written about the therapy he was haveing for his Autistic daughter.Thats a celebrity who knows what its all about but doesnt feel the need to publisise it for his own benefit.

Edited by Paula

I think lindy-lou just underlined the title of the article in her original post, rather than making it into a link ... especially as I can't find a link to the article on the News of the World web site. :unsure:

Well, lets face it, hen - If it was in the News of the Screws it's got to be Tosh!!

Haven't read it 'cos your link doesn't work ( ;) ) but i suspect it's exactly the same thing i was having a bit of a moan about elswhere last night - an oversimplification and 'downgrading' of a potentially profoundly disabling disorder:

Oh, i keep my CD's in alphabetical order - I must be odd.

Oh, I talk a lot - so i'm adhd too...

And i swear like a trooper - tourettes!!

and this morning I felt quite glum - Manic depression!!!

But yesterday i didn't - Pipolar disorder!!!!

etc etc etc.......

Oh, and I like 'Westside Story' so I must be gay too!!!! Stop oppressing me, you B******s - whoops - there's that tourettes again, oooh what a give away! ;)

Oh, and just in case... if you happen to be reading this Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka LYTB ;)

Yours sincerely

Svenxx

:lol: Hilarious post, baddad!! :hypno:

Then to add insult to injury i think shes shoved out some sort of keep fit DVD on how she looks so slim and good.Well i think she loks old haggerd and far too thin and her secret diet is heartache and being constantly dumped by the men she rushes into relationships with.Why wpould we want to look like her.

Yeah - she's mingin' these days ... she used to look great in her TV-am weather girl and early-Gladiators days - I really fancied her then. :wub: But now ... no, thanks. :shame:

James

Women make the mistake of constantly thinking slim automatically equates to beautifull and it doesnt.

Im finding that a lot of female celebrities and woman in everyday life are going to the extreames and are looking thin,tired and haggard with no backsides and none existant boobs.Then to rectify this they have to get cosmetic surgery.Its cheeper to put on weight.

Come on what woman actually beleives that you can be 5ft 10 say and weigh only 9 stone have no backside or hips but surprise surprise youve a 36 DD chest it doesn happen.Women who have naturally big boobs tend to have a big ar*e and hips as well.

Im sick of celebs making out its all natural and then us meare mortals are trying to acheive this and fail.

Im rambling but i guess its a pet hate of mine.

Ulrika did look a hell of a lot happier and better with a few pounds on her.So did Posh spice and numerous other stick thin celebs.

Phew Paula, bet you feel better for getting that off your chest :lol:

You must think I am stunning then - I'm 5'10" but a very healthy 11st 10lbs :D

I agree with the other peeps on this thread. I think that sometimes B or C list celebrities (or do I mean DD list Paula :lol: ) bang on about something that they know nowt about, just to get back into the lime light again.

Mebbe Ulrika ought to consider another option than "demonstrating her intelligence and knowledge" to be famous again tho & stick to what she's good at (which I wont list here because there are some under 18's that post to the site, but suffice to say "so many football managers already in relationships, so little time")

I haven't read that, but she is only saying what a lot of people are thinking. I have come across a lot of non celebrities who are just as ignorant. :blink: Some people honestly believe that neuro conditions (AS, ADHD, ODD, etc) are newfangled ways of saying a child is spoiled, undisciplined, manipulative and naughty. If these people actually had children with these difficulties, they would probably end up smacking them silly until it occurred to them it made no difference :o - only then could they begin to realise the error of their misguided perceptions.

The problem is that some people are so shallow and only judge books by the cover. They can't see hidden disabilities so they can't exist. :hypno: and they are covering the bases of their own flawed make-up to say 'I'm so normal it hurts... ' :rolleyes:

'But yesterday i didn't - Pipolar disorder!!!!'

Baddad - me too, today I might want chicken, tomorrow I'll need steak and kidney.....

Yea it fealt good to let it all out Jill.

makes yer sick though dont it the constant pressure to be stick thin the constant paradeing of celebrity skinny minnies saying how great they are and we could be too if we ate this or that or ran on a treadmill for 3 houres a day only eating a lettuce leaf.

Im five foot 6 size 12 and weigh around 10 stone 6.Im not stick thin and im not overweight.

I wish we could go back to women actually looking like women and not wanting to look like young boys.Its daft and unhealthy.

Its a right pet hate of mine.

Tell yer what yer can always spot these women there the ones looking miserable with just a bottle of water at lunch time when im sat with me full cream cappacino 4 sugars and a big old slab of rocky road cake with loads of choccy and cherries.Im the one smiling they look miserable as hell.Pluss i dont need a boob job or backside implants to fill a paire of jeans.

Men dont actually like stick thin women or do they.My husband doesnt he moans if i loose weight.

I could be wrong though .

This is supposed to be about ulrika but ive gone on about skinny women.

Sorry.

bang on about something that they know nowt about, just to get back into the lime light again.

I think that sometimes B or C list celebrities ...

Easier than going on BB or I'm a 'Celebrity' ... :lol::lol::lol:

They get paid to go on BB and im a celebrity though dont they.

I tell yer id go into the big brother house for half the fee.Wouldnt fancy im a celebrity though coz i might have to eat something rotton.But Big brother id just sit around and do nothing and claime me cash.

Pete burns is a bit odd.His he a transvestie or a transexual i cant quiete work it out.

tell yer what though hes brill at shoveing on his makeup his skin looks flawless and his wigs aint half bad.Wish id got his legs.If he were a womena id hate him. :lol:

Women make the mistake of constantly thinking slim automatically equates to beautifull and it doesnt.

Ulrika did look a hell of a lot happier and better with a few pounds on her.So did Posh spice and numerous other stick thin celebs.

You're right, Paula. "Slim" does not automatically equate to "beautiful". :shame: Actually ... slim ≠ beautiful. :D

The classic example of this, if you ask me, is Geri Halliwell (ex-Ginger Spice). But at least she had the sense to see the error of her ways when she became stick-thin and ugly, by putting the weight back on again. She has beautiful curves, which had disappeared along with the weight.

Phew Paula, bet you feel better for getting that off your chest :lol:

Doesn't look like she did get it all off her chest, judging by her later posts! :lol:

Men dont actually like stick thin women or do they.My husband doesnt he moans if i loose weight.

I could be wrong though.

No, you're right, Paula ... well I think you're right anyway. :)

Pete burns is a bit odd.His he a transvestie or a transexual i cant quiete work it out.

tell yer what though hes brill at shoveing on his makeup his skin looks flawless and his wigs aint half bad.Wish id got his legs.If he were a womena id hate him. :lol:

Yeah - I quite fancy Pete Burns actually ... and I'm a heterosexual male! :lol:

(Blimey - how off-topic has this got now?!?! :blink:)

James

skinny minnies saying how great they are and we could be too if we ate this or that or ran on a treadmill for 3 houres a day only eating a lettuce leaf.

Sorry.

Having the time to do it would be a fine thing - then again, if I had that sort of time available, I wouldn't waste it on a treadmill :D

when im sat with me full cream cappacino 4 sugars and a big old slab of rocky road cake with loads of choccy and cherries.Im the one smiling they look miserable as hell.

Sorry.

You sound JUST like my kind of woman Paula - if ever you're in Chessy we'll have to meet up & scarfle down some choc cake and full fat milky coffees :D

Must admit, hubby really doesn't like skinny women - he thinks we should have curves & reckons there's nowt worse than a woman without a bum :D

erm..VERY off topic LMAO :D i did just underline the title its not a link,i just typed what she had wrote in her column,i hope they print the letter im going to be writing to miss"im so ###### perfect" :rolleyes:

Come on, calm down calm down...

Let's not knock the skinnies, either! take's all sorts to make a liquorice, and while I hate to hear them SAYING it some girls desperately want to PUT ON weight!!

Fat/Thin/Short/Tall - it's what inside that counts, yes? Don't care how pretty Ulrika was/is/might be, just care about what she says...

L&P

BD

PS: FWIW I like a bit of meat on the bone too ;)

:D

Ooops sorry Baddad - I didn't know we were knocking the skinnies in general, I thought we were just having a go at Ulrika!! :lol:

Myself, I'm happy if the significant other has a fat.............wallet :lol::lol:

(oh dear, that has brought a tear to my eye :lol: , hubby would L his AO if he read that, the only reason his wallet is fat is because it's full of credit cards all used up to the max.............)

Ohhhhhhh - handbags at dawn in here !! :star:

How on earth did you lot get from ulrika to pete burns :blink::lol::lol:

Couldn't care if she was the shape of an orange............is what came out of her mouth that pi**ed me off :lol::lol:

Oh, alright..........for the record - she does look like a half starved stick insect *and yes, i am sucking in my cheeks and crossing my eyes whilst i say that* :lol::lol:

Yes its what inside that counts.

And some woman are naturally thin and ive nothing agaisnt them.

What gets my goat big style are woman who are realy slim,then go get breats inplants coz theyve lost there natural boobs due to weight loss and then pretend that they eat normally.If there to be beleived posh and folks like her are eating burgers and pigging out on whatever they like they realy enjoy there food !!!!!!!!!! and are surprised that there only a size 6 or 8.Yea sure you eat normally.Its rubbish.

Im a woman of 36 ive two kids and yea if i diet like theres no tommorrow and basically starbve myself i too can be a size 10 even a size 8 ive been there done it.And boy was it a miserable place to be.But if you eat normally have a bit of what yer like tuck into the odd full whopper size bar of choccy the weight goes on and yer back up to a size 12 or 14.Then yer level of.Yer happy rounded and have a bit of a backside.

Only a man i guess wouldnt get the pressure on woman.Yea who gives a toss what folks look like realy as long as there decent people its the pretending there eating normally i cant stick come out and say yer eat nothing to look like they do.

Im swinging me handbag.

ooh heck - now, just to clarify, when I sang the praises of 7of 9 in the off topic 'star trek' thread I was naturally referring to her intellectual prowess. phew, glad thats been cleared up

Hi

I did not read the article but I have read all the posts on here and I am not out to attack or defend anyone. I have had the pleasure of meeting Ulrika Johnson on more than one occasion and I have even had a deep conversation regarding my son who is at the severe end of the autism spectrum, we had a very good long chat about caring and also the stress involved, i don't know why this was said and I am not really defending her, just saying that when I met her and spoken to her she has been very charming and I don't think her intention was to upset anyone as she also know sherself what it is like to care for children with disabilities, i suppose I just wanted to add my opinion.

Hi

I did not read the article but I have read all the posts on here and I am not out to attack or defend anyone. I have had the pleasure of meeting Ulrika Johnson on more than one occasion and I have even had a deep conversation regarding my son who is at the severe end of the autism spectrum, we had a very good long chat about caring and also the stress involved, i don't know why this was said and I am not really defending her, just saying that when I met her and spoken to her she has been very charming and I don't think her intention was to upset anyone as she also know sherself what it is like to care for children with disabilities, i suppose I just wanted to add my opinion.

that just makes what she wrote in a national newspaper even worse though,if she thought it wouldnt cause any offence she is very wrong.

Perhaps Ulrika has been misquaoted in the newspapers then hey.Wouldnt be the first time the papers print stuff that hasnt actually been said.

Perhaps we should give her the benefit of the doubt.

I once met paul daniels and his wife debbie magee when my son was in hospital years ago.I thought theyd be a right bunch of paines specialy her.But they were realy nice,freindly and chatted to the patients and the poorley kids for ages.So i guess its wrong to go on the image these celebs portray on camera.

yeah why write it if she is meant to have some understanding,i used to really like ulrika,i even brought her autobiography(allright,i admit it was 20p from a car boot sale,but i still brought it!)good job its rubbish day tomorrow,i know just where that books going!

Perhaps Ulrika has been misquaoted in the newspapers then hey.Wouldnt be the first time the papers print stuff that hasnt actually been said.

Perhaps we should give her the benefit of the doubt.

I once met paul daniels and his wife debbie magee when my son was in hospital years ago.I thought theyd be a right bunch of paines specialy her.But they were realy nice,freindly and chatted to the patients and the poorley kids for ages.So i guess its wrong to go on the image these celebs portray on camera.

it is actually on her own column so she wrote it herself and hasnt been misquoted at all.

Oh well then shes no excuse

blimey what a host of conversations that comment started off!!! :o

Just to note that I could possibly be an example of one with Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

What the diagnostic criteria doesn't say is that permanent refusal may often have a very good reason. They can be sensory- I refuse to touch anything that would cause me irritation to the skin unless I had absolute assurances I could immediately wash my hands after.

Is this 'bad' behaviour? I may have difficulty expressing the condition under which I can comply with a request, but this will often be because the person making the request is unknowingly preventing me from carrying it out.