Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

ok, help with home/school books

Mt son has just had a Statement review and we asked in our Parents Contribution for a home school book. I have a s*i*y letter back from the Head quoting the following,

"we do not feel it is necessary or appropriate for the teacher to engage in written reporting, beyond that required for school review meetings. Teachers will report incidents to you that they judge to be appropriate/significant."

Now I remember someone here posted about a similar thing and how they are not making "reasonable adjustments"?

Can someone help.

P.S. I have already filed for a Tribunal anyway. :fight:

Its actually says in the advisery document to schools about good practice and in there you will find a home and communication diary.

You will find the document in one of the resources on the site or in one of the sessions name discrimmination

Jen

hi

im actually having same prob

ive requested one but teacher is saying she has to ask senco first-bet u they say no

my son can not tell me nothing really about his day-he is behind with lang by a year and 6 months,hes actually 4 but more like 3-i will argue this point if i also get a no reply

to be honest i can see the teacher just cant be bothered by having to do another job- like filling this in everyday :wacko:

my son can not tell me nothing really about his day-he is behind with lang by a year and 6 months,hes actually 4 but more like 3-i will argue this point if i also get a no reply

my sons 13 and alledgedly gifted - BUT he still cant pass info to me or tell me about his day!!!!!!!!!! I cant begin to tell u the fights i have over 'his homework diary being used as a contact book between home and school' cos im wasting breath and energy!

its sort of amusing in a way ( if i dint find it funny id crack :fight: )

xx pep

I have this problem with my sons school. He has a home/school diary but they only use it now and again

Hi posted on Mother eve's thread about this. The only one who seems to think it is a good idea that school communicate with me via this book is the salt, but she has said she can only make suggestions to the school, whether they decide to implement them is another matter. The Head has told me any communication between myself and the school would be in the first instance via the L.s.a's they have found face to face meetings far more effective and home/school books have not worked in the past :angry: They will put comments in the book if they think they are pertinant (sp) :angry: My dd is about 4 years behind her peers in speech and communication so I feel this book is essential, unfortunately the board of governors supports the heads idea as well. My problem is if the L.S.A's nab me first thing in the morning or straight after school dd is always there and gets very unsettled if we are talking about her, she also wants to get straight home in the afternoon, also there are other parents trying not to listen :devil: I can't for the life of me understand why the school will not co-operate.

Spoken to the Disability Rights Commission this morning, they say that if my child, who has Aspergers, cannot come home and tell me about his day because of his communication problems then the school could be in breach of the DDA 1995 Act 4. She has recommended I write a letter to the Head with the following, this was taken from their website as an example letter. Hope this helps some of you guys!

Dear Head teacher

Child?s name

I am writing as the parent of a pupil at your school who has

(disability). This affects him in the following ways:

?

?

?

Part 4 of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 says that the

responsible body of a school must make reasonable

adjustments to ensure that disabled people are not placed at

a substantial disadvantage in comparison with people who

are not disabled.

My child is at a substantial disadvantage in the following

ways:

?

?

I think it is reasonable for the responsible body to make the

following adjustment(s) to ensure that my child is not placed

at a substantial disadvantage:

?

?

To avoid a potential disability discrimination claim I would

like the school to make these reasonable adjustments

immediately.

Yours faithfully

ooohh invent 10 things. My head and senco would just love to get a letter like this :devil: I have an I.E.P meeting next week I shall give them one more chance to cooperate before sending this letter. Thanks for finding out about it. :thumbs: