Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Ten years younger channel 4

Does anyone watch this programme.

I do.But i get right annoyed when they compare normal mums and every day women with other so called normal mums ect who are celebrities with loads of cash and acess to all the best stuff.

Take last night.

That lady aged 38 with 3 kids,pets ,husband and a job.Looking a bit frazzled and stuff like you would.

But hey take a look at victoria beckham and Liz hurley,same age and looking great :angry:

Victoria apperently injust jeans and a tshirt.Yea sure jeans that cost a fortune,same with the tshirt probably jimmy choos on her feet,haire extensions,fake tan and boobs expensive jewelry and acess to a makeup artist.

Wed all look good on that.

Even my husband said they shouldnt be allowed to do that compare normal women with stars and then say were not makeing the best of ourselves.

Wed all look good if wed wads of cash to spenmd purley on looking ace.

there is someone who lives close to me who took part in the programme and they dressed her ridiculously in minnie mouse tops etc, I see her now and she looks just the same as she did before the programme!!!!!!

I haven't watched this programme but I agree with you, Paula! Also it's good to remind ourselves that what we see of Victoria, Liz etc is the image they want to project: these celebrities probably look the same as us when they get out of bed in the morning. It's amazing how photos can be tweaked to enhance someone's appearance, make them look slimmer, airbrush out all the flaws etc. They are probably nowhere near as "perfect" in real life.

A couple of years ago I was on a drama course and a group of us were videoed. Afterwards the photographer showed that just by adjusting a lens he could make us all look instantly taller and slimmer and appear naturally so. You would never have known!

reauby 2

I always say i bet they cant keep up with it after the show.I mean most of us cant afford a top hairstylelist and stuff to dye our haire and it just comes out of a bottle.Or we get fed up of dressing nicely just to end up with mucky water and food from cooking splashed on it.

We all know that photos are airbrushed and tweaked and stuff.But its not right has it leaves us fealing naff and wondering why cant we look brill and stuff.

I tend to spend my whole life in jeans and various tops.I do try to wear nice shoes coz ive a bit of a shoe fetish going on i like heals and stuff.But has for makeup forget it.I shove on a bit of mascara and bung on some lip gloss if im of out and ruffle my haire with a spray of hairspray and thats it.

I dont own any face creams or lipsticks,i aint even got a moisturizer and ive never used foundation or blusher.Cant be bloomeing bothered.Im a beleiver in good old coal tar soap and water.

Today im gonna try to get out the house and go to my local ASDa for our dinner.I know how exciteing.er dont need supermodel looks i guess for sitting drinking naff coffee and eating fried chips.

Oi, give us supermodels a break eh?

It's hard work being beautiful you know. You don't know what time I have to get up in the morning to maintain this aura of glamour :huh:

Oh .... sorry .... just having a past life regression moment there :lol:

Daisy

:lol: Daisy

I've watched this once. The lady was 48, the people on the street said she looked 55. I think she looked like a perfectly normal mum of four. I didn't like how it was centred around how everyone else see's us, she was quite confident until she was told she looked 55! :blink:

She did look better after - but i expect it was more to do with being pampered and doing something for herself that made the most difference to how she looked ;)

smileymab

I agree with you they stick these women on the street looking the worst they can look.Ie worst clotheing,haire not done totally bare faced and then ask people how old do you think she is.

Well i know that some days i can look ###### awfull at least 10 years older than i am and the next i can look bloomeing great.

Also i think it also depends on the age of the person they ask as to how old they think someone is.A young teenager will think anyone over 35 is about 50 and someone in ther 40s can normally tell that a person is only in there late 30s type of thing.Jusat remeber back to how old a thirty something looked to us when we were only 20.Now a fivety year old looks young and trendy at times.

Thing is no one whoes had kids and a normal life is ever gonna look like a 20 year old young thing againe so why the hell should we be made to feel bad when we dont.It stinks.

I bet that presenter has had botox her face never bloomeing moves and shes made up to the nines,bet she wears a ###### wig as well.Am i bitter .No :crying:

Im happy with how i look as this show shows women whove lost too much weight end up with there faces looking old and haggered.Theres a lot to be said for the saying face or figure at a certaine age.Yer can hide yer figure with good clothes but yer cant yer face.Id rather have a nice face.

paula you said you wear jeans and various tops every day,was you at a photoshoot in your avatar picture or is that daisy proudfoot :lol::lol:

i also hate this programme turned over when it came on, i was sitting there with flu, a cracking coldsore ,wearing my pyjamas and thought sod that i'm not watching that feel 30 going on 60 and i can't stand that patronizing woman who hosts the show either