Sign in to follow this  
justamom

bin to movies on his own

So proud of my little monster (not so little mind you) he was asked to go to the movies with 2 girls from his classes today and he handled things very well. I had to drop him off and fetch him later (did not want a mom taggin along so uncool you know) so you can imagine the panic i was in worrying that he was ok that he did not stray from the cinema or that he behaved silly. It was his first time without any family members about.

He even managed his money so well, the girls unexpectaly wanted to go for a burger and he did not really have enough money for that so he only had some chips and saved his money for the ticket. I think that was so well done he thought ahead and I am so proud of him...

I know that I have to let him grow up and do the normal day to day things but hey its so hard but we all managed it fine and now i think that i might have to take a 2nd morgage out for the next couple of years as he wants to go every weekend. Going to the movies does not come cheap!!!

justamom

Justamom,

I love hearing things like this, and really pleased it all went well.

It will be worth the 2nd mortgage. :lol:

Well done to your lad. :clap::clap::dance:

Brook

B) Big thumbs up to your son for going on his own, being asked to go by 2 girls, must be popular ;)

And >:D<<'> for you for coping whilst he was gone, I know I would have been a bag of nerves

Edited by lil_me

im so pleased,i can imagine how proud you are,if steve goes to corner shop im estatic so i know how you feel!!

:D:D

This also gave me hope.

My son is 12 and he never ever goes anywhere alone.He allowed to go to the post box 2 minutes walk away and i panic over that.

I was only saying to my husband today whats going to become of him hes never even been on a bus unaided.

Hes growing up i should allow him to do stuff if he asks but thankgod he doesnt as yet.

Im terrified itll go wrong,hell wander of get lost freak out youll know the score.

Justamum.Youre post has shown me that maybe as mums we dont give them enough credit.But its so hard.Well done you and youre son.

id have been reaching for the valium !!!!!!!!!!!!

Aah God, I don't think I'd be able to do that :wacko: But maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit :D Well done :thumbs:

That felt weird :huh:

Edited by Kerre

Paula you are so right i don't give him enough credit, he is able to do alot of things but maybe its me holding him back INCASE of a meltdown or he gets lost or anything bad.happens.. It took alot for me to allow him to go but they have to grow up sometimes.....

aww bless -

you must be so proud - its worth the worry - and underneath it all i would think all mums go thru the same - no matter what - that moment of growing up - I am so glad that for you and you boy - it was a very positive experiance - he'll grow from here!

Thats great :dance:

He even managed his money so well, the girls unexpectaly wanted to go for a burger and he did not really have enough money for that so he only had some chips and saved his money for the ticket. I think that was so well done he thought ahead and I am so proud of him...
thats really impressive, loads of forward thinking going on

mines 13 - i hand him his mobile / grit teeth and smile sickly too

ooh samey -

I was only saying to my husband today whats going to become of him hes never even been on a bus unaided.

First few times he tried getting school bus on his own were disasterous but im glad I did it now cos he enjoys ( bar the odd meltdown thrice yearly :huh: )

Though - O/T my 10 yr old daughter went on a sleepover this weekend ( shes NT) and i didnt realise her pal moved to next town, she happily jumped on bus with freind - its 4 mile away and i didnt sleep all weekend in blind panic! Swear i was :tearful: by time i saw her again LOLOL

xx pep