A man turned up at my door at 8pm last night saying he was taking over the contract to take H to school :blink:

First I'd heard :o

So I phoned his regular driver to ask if it was true and It was, He'd been phoned at 4.30pm and told he no longer had the contract effective from then so another firm had been told they had the contract but given no phone numbers to contact all the parents, But what i'm really angry about is the bairns are suffering because of the short notice.

The regular driver told me he was sacked because he had too many school runs :huh: Yet he's been taking H to school for the past 2 yrs, so they decided to sack him using a feeble excuse at 4.30pm giving all the bairns no warning or time to adjust :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

On top of that, H has been off today with earache and he decided to grab a bottle of bleach i had accidently left of the bathroom window sill open it and pour it down his chest, it went into his nappie and on his nappie rash :o:(:( Needless to say he's been in agony and i feel like an Idiot :crying:

Clare

I think that it's outrageous that they can alter the contract without informing the parents (and children) first.The man who came to your door,whilst obviously being the new driver,could have been anyone.xx

Oh Clare,

Your day has been a horrible one, is your son ok now with the bleach - ouch that could be so painful.. These things happen we cant have eyes at the back of our heads all the times.

The situation about the taxi is awful and i don't think it is accetable, what about the kids (they dont like change and thats a big change)and dont you have any say in what changes are to be made to the drivers/people responsible for taking your child to school... It would have been nice for somebody to have given alot more warning...to the other poor driver that was sacked too

Hope it does ok when they do arrive tomorrow to fetch him for school

good luck

justamom

I think that is terrible. :angry:

I would get in touch with the SEN transport department at your Civic Centre and let them know what has happened.

Lets face we are talking precious cargo here :wub:

Hope your little one gets well very soon

Tilly

clare,i agree that is terrible about the taxi,hope all goes well tomorrow.

the bleach sounds painful,dont feel an idiot,weve all done things like that,i gave steven 2 prozac tablets once thinking they were paracetamol :o:o he had no side effects but i felt guilty for ages

God, he could have been anyone! Imagine if someone did that and the parent didn't have the wherewithall to ring and check if it was true? Doesn't bear thinking about.

As for the bleach incident, you're not an idiot. Everyone has done something like that before. Poor think hope he's feeling better, and at least he didn't swallow it.

Lauren >:D<<'>

Clare,

I sympathise with your situation, having had a few problems too with my daughter's college transport. It's so frustrating when the people providing this kind of service show no understanding of ASD and the distress caused by unexpected change.

I hope your son is better tonight - don't feel bad about the incident, these kind of things happen to all of us. >:D<<'>

K x

Oh Clare, what a nightmare...all of you have said it.."He could have been anyone".

I probably would call the people responsible and tell them "off" for it.

Hope your son is better now and I also second what was said before, dont feel bad, I think similar things happned to all of us....

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

SylvXXX

Thanks all >:D<<'>

His rash looks better now :D

He got on the new bus ok this morning, the teller will be tonight when he comes home, whether he has major meltdowns or not ( he always waits til he gets home to let off steam) :(

Clare