Sign in to follow this  
Canopus

Exercise

Swimming at least twice a week. Tried a cycle club, hates bikes, petrified. And he doesn't tend to stop bouncing once he's home.

Edited by lil_me

my child has planned exercises by his OT that he should do every day. We are trying to get him into tennis lessons and swimming but he can only cope in small number in large areas because of his sensory diffivculties.

I have just found out there is a special needs football on a Wednesday so I am going to try that this week.

Jen

T has got a small trampoline for use inside, helps bounce away the tension, and keep him moving else he would sit and vegetate, also in the summer we walk a lot as a family, but we are fair weather walkers ..

HHxx

Hi

Yes my ds goes swimming once a wk.

We walk to and from school....which is a 40 min round trip.

We went ice skating yesterday and he has said he wants to go to lessons.

If i could get into the garden shed, he would be out on his bike everyday.....he just loves the outdoors, wind rain or shine.

Swimming lesson once a week, until recently I'd swim with him for about half an hour before or afterwards but he's over-sensitive to chlorine and if he's in the water too long he gets the squits so we can't do that now.

Also goes to football once a week and karate twice. He's lousy at football and doesn't cope with it very well but still insists on going. Much better at karate and will practice sometimes at home.

Plays in the garden if it's fine but he seems to have a specific game that only lasts about twenty minutes before he comes back indoors. Used to have a mini-trampoline but broke it and it hasn't been replaced.

We walk to and from school several times a week too, about a ten minute walk.

He's quite lazy by nature, I think - even though we've always walked most places locally he'll still complain about it and ask me to ring Grandad for a lift, but he can whistle for that.

Karen

x

We go walking most weekends unless the weather is realy bad.He moans a lot our As son but we force him out the house and away from the PS 2.

In the summer he enjoys going on bike rides with his dad,sometimes i go.He also goes swimming once a week with the school and they do pe and stuff.

Its easier in the summer to get out and about.

He's actually happiest when doing the physical things - running, riding his little trike, playing in the park.

Will walk, but won't hold hands so that's a bit of a trial in busy places / near roads.

Really he loves all types of physical activity, but on his terms. Pretty much sums him up generally - does lots of things, but on his terms! :D

He's actually happiest when doing the physical things - running, riding his little trike, playing in the park.

Will walk, but won't hold hands so that's a bit of a trial in busy places / near roads.

Really he loves all types of physical activity, but on his terms. Pretty much sums him up generally - does lots of things, but on his terms! :D

That sums up K he cannot wait to get outside to play, he runs about and plays football and loves to cycle.. He does have arithritis so he does what he can..