Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

im getting baptised and confirmed this sunday

:D just thought id mention it as it means alot to me at the present time.

i am 30,and actually thought i had been christened as a baby in fact me and my sisters but it turns out it wasnt so as it was at a unitarian church and for some reason its not legal in church of england

only found out last year when i was making enquires about getting my boys done-then my sister piped up that she had to be baptised again by bishop as of all the mix up but she hadnt told my mum in case it upset her.

so now year on im finally getting baptised and confirmed at confirmation service at st .michaels church by the bishop of stockport.

then i will get my boys christened.[think it will be in a private service not including all the church-due to fact my older son will most likely have meltdown over it[4],other son is 3. :pray::pray::pray:

Good luck I hope it goes really well. I was confirmed in my late teens, at the time it was 'right'...so I know what you mean. Although I no longer attend a church I still remember the occasion really well. It's a nice memory.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Rainbow Queen, >:D<<'>

Congratulations, this will be a very emotional and a wonderful spiritual experience. So happy for you. I had my Baptism and Confirmation in my early twenties for similar reasons. I love thinking back at that moment, it is very special. Changed my life, I love being involved with the church, teaching, reading, giving communion, you will be able to do all these things, it feels lovely that sense of community spirit.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you on your special day,

God Bless you, all the best.

Love

Hailey

x >:D<<'>

:D ..............best wishes for Sunday Marie, I was confirmed when I was 30 too.I don,t know what it is about church, but whenever I go I feel very emotional, my local church has a choir , which realy gets the old :crying: going.Hope you have a lovely day :D

Hi Rainbowqueen,

Thanks for telling us. I'll remember to say a prayer for you this Sunday.

I was baptised as a baby but I was confirmed when I was an adult too, at 20. A long time ago now but I remember the occasion very well, it was very special.

Enjoy it, I'm sure it'll be a day to remember,

K x

Hi Rainbow Queen,

Congratulations for Sunday.

I got baptised and christened the christmas before last and have to say that although I was extremely nervous about it (as I don't like standing out from everyone) it was one of the most uplifting experiences I've ever had.

Take care,

jb

Hi Rainbowqueen

Best wishes for Sunday, i hope you have a lovely momentus occasion.

:pray: are with you for such a special day.

love

tmf

xx

Best wishes for Sunday rainbow queen, this will be a very special time for you and my prayers go with you :pray::pray::pray:

I used to be a catechist for those putting their children through baptism and holy communion and I loved working with those people who genuinely wanted that special gift for their children.

To you and yours

Lots of >:D<<'> for your very special day.

Im not really a church person, but I am a Christian with a bit of Buddha in the mix. :D

When ever I go to church tho, I well with tears. Dont know why but Im always moved.

Best wishes for Sunday

redberry

Said a little prayer for you yesterday RQ - hope it all went well - did you wear white and have a big party afterwards to celebrate!

Hope God knew who Rainbow Queen was! :D

:dance::dance::dance:

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

How di yesterday go RQ??

Hope it went well and you had an amzing day.

Take care

tmf

x

:D hello

yes it went really well -i was very nervous as the church was packed with people and my family came to watch.

i didnt wear white -but a jacket and skirt

the bishop was all dressed up in his gear -and i had to stand at the font with just 2 others to get bapistised-then stand with the others while we got confirmed,then we had holy commuion.

it was quite overwhelming and emotional as ive been through such alot in my life and i felt this was a really positive new start for me >:D<<'>

i had gifts of a bible and prayer book, tea and biscuits afterwards and chat to everyone.

i also go everyweek now to take my boys to a service to which is aimed at children-and im going to get them both christened next-when its all planned. :dance:

thanks for all the well wishes everyone >:D<<'>

Hi rainbow queen,

I did think of you yesterday and I'm glad it went well. I hope you feel that bit more encouraged and strengthened against whatever life chucks at you. >:D<<'>

K x

Guest hallyscomet

Congratulations RQ it brought a tear to my eyes reading that.

Here, sending you lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and I will second what Kathryn said.

All the best,

Hailey :):pray:

Edited by hallyscomet