Sign in to follow this  
pingu

its raining, again

The pond in the garden. :whistle:

I was just sat here typing away and heard the noise of angry birds, so i took a look out of the window, only to find the neighbourhood squakers filling what used to be my garden, only now its like a public swimming pool for birds. they are all quiet happy to flap around and try to drown themselves getting the juiciest worms from the bottom of this (erm) 'Puddle' :lol:

we often get a bit of standing water in the front, (due to poor drainage, Actaully terrible drainage) but this is amazing, if i had a battery in the camera i would take a pic just to prove it. :rolleyes:

as long as they dont catch a chill eh?

:eat1:

Have a good day all :)

shaz

Hi Pingu

We get a huge "pond" in our garden too. The land is clay so it's not very permeable and the next door neighbour has concreted over his garden so result is run-off from his land and a lovely wet weather wildlife pond. We were going to put a pond in a year ago to make it a permanent affair - but can't now because we gained a toddler!

We used to have a pond Full of fish, we just put six in but they were v. passionate and the pond was full up in a couple of years. :wub:

Then one year a grey dart of a heron paid us a visit, every day. He was so zen that I couldn't chase him away! :ph34r:

When all the fish had gone the newts, frogs and toads moved in. It was fab. :D

By the way the rain/hail we had here in london was amazing! Really torrential and exciting :o

redberry

We had incredible horizontal hail yesterday between 3.10 pm and 3.25, which was perfect timing, as i had to get from the car to the school playground for 3.15 and in that time managed to soak myself to the skin...

:(

Everyone else sensibly waited in their cars while i made a mad dash for it... how silly did i look when all the other mums strolled up 5 mins later, all dry and smart, with me dripping and soggy like a drowned rat.

C (passionate about water in any form) decided that all his birthdays had come at once, and jumped with both feet into every puddle he could see on the way to school and nursery to pick up ollie and ella... i was not fast enough to warn any one else coming down the path of his likely intention, so he soaked 3 other children and i got such filthy looks :angry: shot at me. Wish i'd been faster and caught him quicker, :oops: but he's so big now, i can't restrain him very easily. Still, he came out worse and was covered in muddy water from top to toe, squelchy trainers and all. Lucky he is not embarassed to strip to his pants on the pavement before getting in the car....

Could have been worse - he jumped fully clothed in the duck pond in the park next to our house on christmas eve, in the only bit where the ice wasn't. didn't expect that at all! (Now i know that C's actions are like the spanish inquisition - you never expect them)

:blink:

just realised that this is about garden ponds. sorry only read about rain.....

Edited by polkadotty

:lol: No I think you are right it was about rain, and I noticed the pond bit and went off on one of my usualy tangents.

Been raining up here today a lot, but I was praying it would be :whistle: